Trigger upgrade

Discussion in 'SA-XD/XD(M) Accessories' started by doctorpong, Mar 31, 2012.

1. doctorpong

doctorpong XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm thinking of a trigger upgrade, and am considering doing a Springfield combat action or PRP trigger kit. Anyone with any thoughts comparing these?

2. chammons

chammons XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have a PRP Ultimate on my XDM9mm. I can't really compare it much just because it's the first one I've owned, but I'm really like it better than any other triggers on all my guns. I would purchase again for my next XD

3. Unforgiven

Unforgiven XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have 3XDMs all with trigger jobs. One by PRP, one by Springer Sprecision and one by Canyon Creek. I love them all. I do like the actual trigger from PRP as it has the built up area for a travel stop. Can't go wrong with any of them and I consider it a must have upgrade.

4. Falcon31

Falcon31 XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I highly recomend the ultimate match trigger kit from PRP. I have it on my xdm. I think it is the single best upgrade i have done

5. wgedwards

wgedwards XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have two XDms that were modified (triggers plus other upgrades) by Powder River Precision and I couldn't be happier. In fact, I just sent Daniel two more XDms for the full makeover. By the way, PRP is a forum sponsor.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

6. DonB

DonB XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How many pound pull did you guys get on your trigger mod.

7. jcdubs

jcdubs XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I put the powder river drop in trigger in my xdm and it is nice. I also put in a springer extended mag release. Don't know how many pounds the pull is, but it feels really nice

8. mustang_gtcs

mustang_gtcs XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    My XD45 trigger was total crap untill I installed the PRP ultimate match trigger kit. I chose it because it seemed to be the easiest kit for a non gunsmith kinda guy like myself and I was right. Took me about 45 minutes to install with very little fitting needed.

I got an XDm9 last week and am going to get the same trigger kit for it as well.

On my Lymann digital trigger pull guage my XD45 trigger breaks at 3.65# based on a 10 pull average.

9. Smokehouse

Smokehouse XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    I had canyon creek do my trigger...set at 3.5#. My buddy went with the PRP drop in. I must say the PRP kit is really nice and a 100% upgrade...but what Rich did to mine custom is far superior.

Where the PRP uses a plastic bump to remove over travel, rich actually reworks the stock internals to stop it dead in its tracks with no physical bump needed. The action on mine is also notably smoother as well. The downside is that you have to send your XD(m) in to Rich where as the PRP is DIY. Basically it is a matter of choice but I can honestly say, one is a one size fits all kit where the other is really a custom, fit to order trigger job. The upside is the price is exactly the same (save shipping)...

10. AKStallion

AKStallion XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I put a springer precision trigger on my ccw which is a XD40 sub compact and loved it. It is like a totally different gun. I liked it so much I could hardly stand shooting my XDm 45 anymore. The trigger just seemed so sloppy after shooting the with the springer trigger. XDm is at springer precision as we speak getting the same treatment. Can't wait to get it back!

11. LJenkmd

LJenkmd XDTalk 4K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    All are good....I have PRP triggers on all my XDMs, some I did myself, and some done by Daniel at PRP......Hard to beat PRP!