Trayvon's purchase of Skittles and "Tea" for drugs?

Discussion in 'XDTalk Chatter Box' started by BigTuna, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigTuna

BigTuna XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Quite possibly so...

Update #26 Part 2 – Trayvon Martin Shooting – A year of drug use culminates in predictable violence… | The Last Refuge

Was Trayvon Martin using a street drug called “Lean?” « Bob Owens

2. Bonehead

Bonehead XDTalk 15K Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I have no idea if the screen captures are legitimate or not, but I do find it odd that Martin family attorney Benjamin Crump described the drink as iced tea when it clearly says “watermelon fruit juice cocktail” on the can. Was that an honest mistake, or purposeful deception in an attempt to hide Trayvon’s possible drug use?

I think the parents knew what he was doing. either that or they just turned him loose to find his own way and if they did THAT they are just as negligent for his behavior as he was.

IMO they are not only trying to cover what trayvon really was I think they are trying to cover their own ssses for being shtty parents.

3. DeadPool

DeadPool XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Watermelon fruit juice, lol.

4. dhgunit

dhgunit XDTalk 2K Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    I always thought from months ago that Martin's little tea and skittles escapade had something to do with drugs. There is no way you walk miles in the rain for iced tea and skittles, unless you are buying or selling drugs. I didn't know this kind of thing existed but that explains it even better.

5. yocan

yocan XDTalk 10K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0
    my whole theory was he was used to being with his friends never home so went "shopping" as an excuse to get away from his parents/out of the house and have a call with a girl..... but this does make more sense I suppose.

6. Bonehead

Bonehead XDTalk 15K Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    at this point I am inclined to think the shopping was to get the stuff for the drugs and the shopping was also an alibi/opportunity to find/raid houses.

for all the talk of drugs and his manufacturing/dealing/using lets not forget there were a bunch of burglaries and he had been caught with stolen jewelry just prior to the incident.

I have yet to see any dates that break ins happened as opposed to the dates trayvon was at the house there. I would really like to see if the dates overlap.

7. yocan

yocan XDTalk 10K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0
    no one will ever release that if this is true though, then the black hoodie with skittles and iced tea targets arent in bad taste are they?

8. Ridge

Ridge XDTalk 5K Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 1
    According to Wikipedia, ABC news and other websites:

Ingredients

The most popular type of codeine syrup is promethazine-codeine, a prescription cough syrup. The active ingredients are codeine, a narcotic, and the antihistamine medication promethazine. When taken in large quantities, both medications can lead to sedation and altered levels of consciousness.[1] The addition of these antihistamines is intended to deter abuse at high doses (doses higher than recommended can produce extreme somnolence or weakness, and may even cause fatal respiratory depression). In lower doses, these potentiate the opiates.
    Prescription cough syrups containing hydrocodone are also used to make the drink, though they are less popular.[13] Songs like "Sippin' on Some Syrup" by Three 6 Mafia refer to Tussionex, a yellow cough syrup containing extended-release hydrocodone and chlorpheniramine (another antihistamine).[14] Other hydrocodone-containing syrups such as Histinex HC, Hycotuss, and Hycodan may also be used but have the addition of atropine to deter abuse.[citation needed] Syrup also is made with over-the-counter cough syrups such as Robitussin DM, which contain dextromethorphan as the cough suppressant. Although dextromethorphan is used recreationally, it has dissociative effects as opposed to narcotic. Dextromethorphan is a synthetic morphine analog[citation needed] that has been on the market in the United States since the 1960s. It is a cough suppressant in small doses, but in large doses it can result in a disassociative state, with hallucinations, similar to that produced by PCP or ketamine.[13]
    Promethazine-codeine contains 10 mg of codeine and 6.25 mg of promethazine per 5 mL.[15]
    Some users report that the large amount of sugar in drank causes them to experience weight gain, tooth decay, and other medical symptoms.[16]

Doesn't sound like "juice" and skittles are the ingredients for this drug.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2006/09/lean_a_new_hip_/

9. psijac

psijac XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am under the impression there have not been any break ins since the Zimmerman incident

10. Carnivorous

Carnivorous XDTalk 5K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +157 / 0
    The manufacturer was the Arizona Iced Tea Co. - all of their cans look very similar, and the "ARIZONA" is the big feature on the label. I don't think that the family calling it an "iced tea" is in any way deceptive or them trying to "cover up" for Trayvon.

Also: WHO CARES if Trayvon used drugs or not! That doesn't make the shooting more or less justified. Druggies don't deserve to die. The ONLY thing that matters is whether Trayvon was on drugs at the time of the shooting. Not only that, the ONLY reason that his intoxication/high matters is because it affects how he might have behaved. The shooting is not automatically a "good shoot" if Trayvon was intoxicated/high.

Also: we already have a toxicology screen for Trayvon. He wasn't high at the time of the shooting. There was no codeine in his system. So EVEN IF he bought the tea and skittles intending to get high later... he wasn't high at the time of the shooting. So this whole rigamarole is pointless character assassination.

11. Rt1Rebel

Rt1Rebel XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Both articles fail to mention the "mixer" portion of the recipe. Most commonly, Sprite and Jolly Rancher candies are used. I haven't heard or read of the watermelon soda and Skittles variation, but it sounds plausible.

12. dbruynell

dbruynell XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i know really, everyone is finding anything to make the victim look bad here.

13. rayikeo2

rayikeo2 XDTalk 4K Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Wouldn't it blow this trial out of the water if they found Trayvon's finger prints inside one of the house of one of the breakin victums that happened in that gated community?

14. Rt1Rebel

Rt1Rebel XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think the issue many have here is with the media manipulation of the story, Trayvon as the innocent school boy with his candy and tea, and Zimmerman as the aggressive profiling out of control vigilante.

15. dhgunit

dhgunit XDTalk 2K Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    It isn't hard........ni**a this, ni**a that....need to get me some of that codeine, hook you up with a plant bro, make me some fire ass lean, stolen jewelry, suspended from school for drugs.......

And then this is the best yet.

What happened to the blunts? Either smoked or stashed, and then he came back to beat the sh*t out of Zimmerman for snitching, just like a good little thug does.

Interesting Development – Trayvon Martin Quid Pro Quo at the 7-11? Update – Confirmed | The Last Refuge

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.