Discussion in 'Non-XD Handguns' started by XDRoX, Jan 10, 2010.
In your opinion what do you think are the 5 best 9mm pistols of all time?
Well I havent had to much time with a lot of 9mm pistols, but I will list the ones "I feel" are relevant...
1. Beretta 92fs: I shoot hundreds of rounds though it every summer I go down to my uncle's (He owns it), and we've never ran into any problems that were gun related.
2. Sig P226: Again in the same boat as the 92fs. We did have a mag issue one time though.
3. Glock series of 9mm's: LoL i know this is a Xd forum, but I have shot a few glocks. Even though I dont prefer them I have seen how reliable they are. I would also put the Xd 9mm's in this place to, but I much prefer xd's over glocks.
4. HK USP 9mm: I have only shot this pistol once, putting only about 40rnds threw it. I loved it. From what I've seen the mags are hard to find in stores locally and are usually pricey.
5. CZ 75 SP-01: I have recently shot this pistol and I loved it. The pointability is dead on par with my 1911 and ergonomics are superb.
1. Browing Hi-Power, when you shoot one, you will know why.
2. Glock, they are proven and used around the world because they can take just about anything.
3. Sig 226, time tested and combat proven.
4. M-9, like the Glock, combat tested and constantly updated, easy to shoot and accurate.
5. CZ 75, Almost like a modified Hi-power, accurate, easy to handle and control.
1) Glock 17/ 19
2) Sig P226
3) Beretta 92FS
4) H&K USP
5 Springfield XD
Hat tip to Ruger, hate to leave them out. A lot of gun for the money. If you're wondering why I made the XD #5 on the list, no reason in particular. Had list them somehow. I carry the Glock 17.
1. HK P30: I think this will always be my favorite pistol. The most accurate combat 9mm ive ever fired,very low recoil,completely reliable,lightwieght and the best grip ergo's ever.
2. Sig 226: Was my favorite 9mm until the P30 came out. Very accurate,reliable,points great and awesome trigger.
3. XDM 3.8: Just got this one. Accurate, reliable so far,great grips ergo's,points great, simplicity of platform.
4. Glock 17/19: Not the gun for me for various reasons, but i have to give Glock props for revolutionizing the industry and just for being a very solid, well performing pistol.
5. CZ: Never shot one, but the grip ergo's did feel great when i handled one. On my to do list. Ive read nothing but positives about CZ's.
This is funny. Everyone so far has pretty much posted the same stuff.
^^^^^^^What he said!^^^^^^^^
If I could only have ONE 9mm, it would be my Hi-Power.
Best two, the others are good not cant match these IMO
1) H&K P7 series; (Surpirse!) Accurate, innovative, and about as safe of a mechanical action as you can get.
2) Glock 17/19; they pretty much set the bar for a modern 9mm pistol.
3) HP-35--the first double-stack 9mm; the shape of things to come, back in the 30's.
4) SIG 226--the best DA/SA 9mm out there.
5) S&W M59--brought the double-stack, high-cap, DA/SA 9mm to the attention of US shooters.
Honorable mentions: Sig P210, CZ75, HK VP70, Walther P38, Makarov (though not 9x19 is still technically a 9mm...), P08 Luger.
I'm surprised you were the first to mention the P38 and the Luger. I think I would have them a little higher on the list, at least the P38. Aren't many modern pistols modeled after the P38? I seem to remember reading of it's significance somewhere but can't remember exactly what it said.
Also surprised the Hi-Power isn't on everyone's list.
(in no particular order)
CZ-75 (fullsize 9mm all steel...none of the variants)
SIG P226 (older Made in W. Germany non-rail versions in 9mm)
For many reasons...these are the best of the breed.
In no order:
1) Glock 17/19/26/34
2) Sig P226
3) Beretta 92FS
4) Browning Hi-Power
5) Springfield XD
No specific order
Top 5 9MM's in order:
1. Glock 17
2. Glock 19
3. Glock 26
4. Glock 34
5. Glock 17L
Separate names with a comma.