Threaded Barrel for XDM 5.25 Competition?

Discussion in 'Springfield XD/XD(M) Accessories' started by jdurrmsu, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Jan 11, 2017 #1
    jdurrmsu

jdurrmsu XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey guys, long time reader of the forum posts and finally decided to join. I have a couple of XD's and I am looking to add the XDM 5.25 Competition in 9mm to my collection. My question is in regards to aftermarket barrels. I would like to put a threaded barrel on this to run a suppressor but I cannot find any aftermarket barrels for the 5.25 Competition. Any suggestions?

Also, while on the subject of suppressors, I am sure that most here are aware of the Hearing Protection Act, H.R.3799, and that it has recently been reintroduced into congress as H.R.367. I highly encourage everyone to contact their congressmen to voice their approval. While you are at it be sure to voice your support for H.R.38 which would provide CCW reciprocity to all states. Though I prefer Constitutional Carry this is a welcome upgrade to the current laws. Get these passed and maybe we can finally remove SBR's from the NFA, get rid of the Hughes Amendment, and repatriate the American antique firearms currently being warehoused overseas. One can only wish.

Anyways, I digress. This wasn't intended to be a political post but I have no one to blame but myself. Back to the real purpose of my post, if anyone can advise on a threaded barrel for the 9mm 5.25 Competition it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Jan 11, 2017 #2
    Broncman

Broncman XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Springer Precision carries them for the 5.25

3. Jan 11, 2017 #3
    jdurrmsu

jdurrmsu XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Perfect. Thanks. I just hope the barrel is worth the asking sticker price. I see that it is made by Bar-Sto. I have heard good things but don't have any personal experience with them.