The XDTalk.com December Giveaway Winners are...

Discussion in 'Springfield XD/XD(M) Talk Announcements' started by dascrow, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Dec 16, 2014 #1
    dascrow

dascrow Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 2
    [​IMG]

Congrats Knightslugger and srvctec. We wanted to thank everyone who took the time to participate. If you didn't win this time, don't worry we'll have one last giveaway up before the end of the year.

Here's a recap of the winner's favorite and least favorite ammo:

Knightslugger:

"When it comes to honest to god have to have it work and be on target ammo, I have to give it up to the folks at Lapua. Every 300gr Scenar-L I've launched from my 338LM has been incredibly consistent in speed across a broad range of temperatures and as long as I do my part, it flies as predicted. Cold bore shots are no problem with this stuff. Straight, true, and predictable. You can't ask for more in any cartridge, and it hits like a freight train even at 800 yards. hitting steel with this from a 1/2 mile away and be able to hear it without unamplified ear-pro is a gas!

I've shot a great deal of ammunition in my lifetime. Hands down the WORST ammo i've ever come across is 147gr 7.62x51 M80 Milsurp from India. This stuff absolutely SUCKS! It's to the point I only use it to either break in a new barrel or to foul up the bore. SUPER dirty. I swear to God the jackets on these things are lopsided because they don't fly in a straight line. I'd chalk it up to the rifle just not liking this ammo, but every 308 i own hates this stuff. I never know where it's going to end up. The velocities are consistent enough, and usually that's enough in a match grade rifle, but these bullets... there's something wrong with them. I fricken hate em. Just a terrible, terrible package. Maybe good enough for accuracy by volume, but i don't shoot 800 rounds a minute... I wish i did, but then i couldn't afford to shoot those wonderful Scenars."

Srvctec:
    "
    I recently purchased a Ruger LCP for my first pocket gun for those times I can't carry my XDm 9 3.8 or my Walther PPS 9. The challenge was to find ammo that would work in the gun as an efficient self defense round. I spent HOURS researching to find the best ammo. I came across a video on YouTube where a guy tested about 15 or more different brands and types of .380 ammo. I had pretty much settled on Fiocchi Extremist w/Hornady XTP or Precision One w/Hornady XTP hollow points because they had the best overall ballistics- penetrated enough to be lethal and didn't over penetrate.

THEN, over on the right side of YouTube web pages there are related videos to what you are watching and low and behold, the same guy had a video of what he said could quite possibly be the perfect .380 ammo. Of course, I had to check it out and after watching the video and doing even more research, I agree. Lehigh Defense LLC- XP (Xtreme Penetrator) in .380. The ammo is equally effective in all calibers (do a search and watch videos of it in action) and is, hands down, the current best .380 ammo available (no, I don't own any stock in Lehigh, but considering it).

Here's a pic of my gun with the ammo.

[​IMG]

At the moment, my least favorite ammo is ZQI 7.62 x 51mm made in Turkey. Got this cheap stuff from Walmart for plinking with my Mossberg MVP .308. This stuff shoots ALL OVER THE PLACE. At first, I thought maybe it was me until I switched to some match grade ammo and consistently shot nice small groups. When I say all over the place, I mean 12-15 inches left, right, high and low at 100 yards.

The crappy ammo:

[​IMG]

My Mossberg MVP .308:

[​IMG]"

• Like Like x 2
  2. Dec 16, 2014 #2
    ffadmin

ffadmin Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 2
    Well done gentlemen!! Congratulations and thank you for sharing your opinions/experience on ammo!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dec 16, 2014 #3
    srvctec

srvctec XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0
    Holy cow!!! Thanks dascrow, XDTalk and Bullets.com! Can't believe I won. Guess I'll have to stop saying I never win anything. :)

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Dec 16, 2014 #4
    taylorjr

taylorjr XDTalk 3K Member

Ratings:
    +1,455 / 42
    @Knightslugger I liked yours... I'd better see a big fat package on my doorstop shortly after Christmas ;)

Congrats guys.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Dec 16, 2014 #5
    Knightslugger

Knightslugger XDTalk 10K Member

Ratings:
    +2,440 / 65
    Thank you XDTalk.com and Bullets.com! Always nice to have a little help buying expensive bullets!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dec 16, 2014 #6
    b3t0

b3t0 XDTalk 4K Member

Ratings:
    +1,553 / 15
    Congrats fellas

• Like Like x 2
  7. Dec 16, 2014 #7
    Spawnz

Spawnz XDTalk 2K Member Founding Member

Ratings: