Springfield XD Forum banner

The worst double action iv ever seen

5K views 45 replies 23 participants last post by  cce1302 
#1 ·
I recently pick up a s&w 460 performance series with the 12in barrel and wtf. The double action pull is so bad. It's over 10lbs just to pull it back that can't be right. The single is crisp as it should be.

Yes the gun was unloaded in the pic that's the weight of the gun plus a 5lbs weight on it which is over 10lbs.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I talked to a fellow who is sponsored by Smith & Wesson as a competitive shooter and does a lot of revolver shooting. He stated that for whatever reason Smith is shipping out their revolvers with very stiff double action pulls these days. Maybe the lawyers have gotten into the production line. My wife's 686 was over 12 lbs and I changed the rebound spring which got it down to 10 lbs which was in the same range as the Ruger GP100 she owns. The pull of the single action also dropped by 1 lb. The stock trigger was smooth, just too heavy.

#5 ·
Ten isn't too heavy for DA. At least in the grand scheme of things.

#6 ·
You wouldn't want that thing going off in your pocket now. :mrgreen:

#9 ·
I'd've or I'd have, and since not sense. ;)

#18 ·
Another one who'll implode sooner rather than later.

#25 ·
We will now return to our regular scheduled program:

Using the vast resources available at my fingertips (google) I think these three links might be helpful for the OP.

Anyone know of Xframe reduced power spring

Trigger pull lightening

460V SA Trigger Pull

That last link has the fellow SAL1950 getting success, see post #10. It's not clear to me if the X frame uses a different trigger rebound spring than what is used in the J-K-L-N frames. If it's the same the OP can pick up the Wolff spring kit and experiment around. I'd also suggest if the OP is going to do some trigger work, he might want to invest in a trigger pull gauge although that 5 lb weight plus the weight of the gun was an interesting picture.

#26 ·
Its an attempt to discourage double-triple taps under recoil, a triple with that gun can kill the naive.

#32 ·
Seriously the two of you need to grow up. This is a very legitimate thread about a very serious issue. The attitude could cause us to lose members.

#38 ·
is that really an accurate way to gauge trigger pull? not being a d!ck I am honestly asking

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.