The Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore

Discussion in 'XDTalk Chatter Box' started by Magnum27, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Magnum27

Magnum27 XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Has anyone used these guys to buy a gun online? They have some good prices on guns I am looking at but wanted to check if they were OK before I went with them. thanks!!

2. shatnerglass

shatnerglass XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    They're good.

3. knight4477

knight4477 XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    They are really good...Customer service is one of the best I experienced in regards to online purchases....they responded to my questions via email with an hour...bought an XDm compact on Monday, reached my FFL on Wednesday..their standard shipping is 2 day Fedex and their sale price is valid with credit card purchases, unlike Buds Gun, who charges 3% if you use Credit card. With Buds, in order to get the lower price, you have to pay cash, which causes the a delay, took 12 days from purchase online to getting to my FFL.With Sportsman, just took 2 days to get to my FFL, this is the fastest I've experienced in purchasing a fire arm, I guess it is a big deal to me because I get excited and impatient...buy with confidence! Enjoy! ;)

4. jbmoose

jbmoose XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, I ordered and paid Sunday night for a firearm they list as in stock. They received FFL info Monday morning. As of Wednesday night, still not shipped. No answer to my email. 4 phone calls today (Wed.) with no answer. Hmmmm.....

5. waterhead

waterhead XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ^^^^ That sounds more like what I got. Took forever to ship, sat there for five days before they sent it to fedex. My FFL had trouble with them and I called several times and never got through and had e-mails go unanswerd. Six days later the e-mail me and can't understand why I'm pissed. Make sure what you are buying is actually what you receive.

6. ramone12781

ramone12781 XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just placed an order this morning online from them. I called twice before placing the order and on the second call placed the gal answered some ?'s I had about placing the order asked if I could place the order over the phone and she referred me to place it online so I did, got ahold of my FFL Dealer of choice and it's in their hands now hopefully this site lives up to most positive reviews I've read and my new xdm 3.8 compact .45 Bi-Tone $589 shipped is in my hands soon :)

7. ramone12781

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Update:

Just called to confirm they got my ffl dealers license info she looked it up and she said they did and it will be shipping out today or tomorrow! So far so good!

8. ramone12781

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Damn that was the fastest same day order same day shipping I have ever gotten from any online retailer and free fedex 2 day shipping. Got email shipping confirmation and my gun will be here Monday/Tuesday! I don't know what happened with these other two guys but so far Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore is good in my book.

9. jbmoose

jbmoose XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, they finally shipped it late today. Shipped on Thursday, expected on Monday. Some 2 day shipping, especially since they had payment and FFL info by lunch time Monday, and they're in Ohio and I'm right next door in PA. Overall, not pissed, just really disappointed. From other reviews, I'd figured it would be here by Friday. They do have some really good prices on stuff

10. thpd

thpd XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just ordered from them on Wednesday, August 1st, 2012 and I am already having trouble with them. I have called and emailed numerous times to confirm that they got my dealers FFL info and all but once I haven't been able to talk to anyone. I finally got thru today (Friday) and the girl on the phone said they did not have the FFL info yet. So I called my dealer back and they told me they faxed the info to them on Thursday but she would fax it again immediately just in case they didn't get it for some reason. So I called Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore back, and guess what, I can't get anyone to answer the phone again. I have left more messages and I even went to their facebook page and asked someone to please contact me to make sure they got the FFL info and still no one bothers to contact me. I am very concerned about this transaction since they won't bother to send a simple email or take 1 minute of time to call me to verify that they have the FFL info. I'm glad to hear that some of you have had very good experiences with them, so I am at least hopeful that I will eventually get my gun. This is the only thing I hate about ordering online because you never know if someone is just gonna take your money and run or not. I will update again if anything changes.

11. thpd

thpd XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just wanted to update my previous post about the trouble I was having with communication with Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore. I have since received the handgun that I ordered from them and it is fantastic. There may have been a mix-up in getting the FFL papers to them which caused the delay. They are hard to get a hold of if you want to speak with someone rather than leaving a message but its probably due to work load. I am very pleased with the Springfield XDm 3.8" .45 that I ordered from them, especially with the price that was way under what anyone else was selling it for. I would recommend them for sure.

12. stimpee

stimpee XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    One quick comment here, and that is that these guys are NOT OPEN on Monday. So, if you place an order over the weekend or on Monday, and your FFL send info to them, the earliest they will see it is Tuesday.

That being said, I just ordered a S&W Bodyguard .380 from them last night, since they have it for $334 shipped. I will end up getting it for $359 after transfer and background check fee, compared to roughly $430-$440 with tax at my LGS.

I used the difference to buy a few extra magazines and some ammo. We will see how the transaction goes, and I will try to remember to post back here.

13. Mech

Mech XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I emailed them Monday at around noon with questions regarding an XDm Compact they have listed on their website, and noted that they're not open on Monday.

HOWEVER, I received an email response from a gentleman named "Ryan" 3 hours later, still Monday, providing clear answers to all my questions and he was very professional and friendly. Would definitely buy the XDm compact from them!

14. bellavite1

bellavite1 XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Not happy.
    Ordered on Tuesday and had my FFL fax their license.
    A week later I finally get a hold of somebody, after several emails, never replied to, and several messages, I was never called back.
    They never got the fax.
    My FFL showed me proof of succesfully faxing it, maybe SO lost it???
    I emailed them a scan of my FFL license.
    Asked in the email to confirm receipt.
    Nobody confirmed, I HAD TO CALL BACK.
    This morning I checked on the status and it showes a FedEx trk #.
    Nice... I go check it out...
    SHIPMENT CANCELED AT SENDER'S REQUEST.
    Cannot get a hold of anybody, no explanation, I am this close to canceling my order.
    NOT MY WAY OF DOING BUSINESS!

15. imredeemed

imredeemed XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    After dealing with Personal Choice Outfitters, was a little 'gun shy' (no pun intended) about trying out another new online gun site. Have to say I was extremely surprised by the great experience.

I'd been searching for guns on their site for a month or so. Great prices!! Saw the other night that a XDm .45 Competition I'd been hunting for was suddently back in stock. Purchased on line on 3/12 and picked it up from my FFL today (3/15). Doesn't get much better than that.

I checked on my order status first thing today and noticed that it supposedly had shipped. Update listed a FedEx tracking number. Checked that number on FedEx's site and it showed it had been cancelled by the Sender. Called Sportsman's and got thru on first attempt to a very pleasant lady. I explained what the FedEx site reported and she said that happens from time to time, but that it should've still been shipped out on 3/13 and my FFL should get it today. I asked her to confirm and she took my number down to get back w/ me. I called my FFL and he told me it'd just arrived.