Springfield XD Forum banner

The "GRIPE ZONE"

21K views 82 replies 44 participants last post by  SonOfOdin 
#1 ·
Yes, I meant "GRIPE ZONE"

A lot of you are "Griping" about the GRIP ZONE on the frame of the gun. I agree, I don't like it either, but how many of you have modified your XD pistols with grip tape? So why not get creative and cover it up. This is what I am going to do as soon as I purchase mine.

So get busy and Photoshop what you would do to cover up the lettering! This could get interesting! :shock:

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

See less See more
#9 ·
like I stated in the other thread, you have just violated the "Grip Zone" by adding your own zone!

#11 ·
Eh... I'll play.

Gaggle of suction cups:

Low cost solution: stop by the local dollar store and get some of those crappy "flop down the wall and/or slap your little brother in the face" sticky alien thingies:
Those are great options! I really like the suction cup design and even with a spare tire it should help keep the pistol close to my body!

Reactions: 2nd_citizen
#14 ·
It seriously looks like Nike designed the lettering on this gun. I can almost envision a "swoosh" on it.

I like the covered up look, however it sort of defeats the purpose of having a redesigned grip.

This is a case of Marketing overstepping their bounds into engineering.

I'm guessing the Gen2.Mod.2 will lose the lettering. Hoping anyway. And yeah, a .45 would be sweet.

#27 ·
I wanna see the first Mod.2 with the "grip zone" filled in with nail polish/crayon whatever.:roll:

#28 ·
What is going to be interesting is when they release the 4" Service Model MOD.2 How many Law Enforcement Officers will want to walk around in uniform with GRIP ZONE showing. I have 3 LEO friends that carry the XD 45 right now. I've talked to two of them and they both said "No" they wouldn't carry one as long as that's on the grip.

#34 ·
Gentlemen gentlemen and ladies(?) remember, they will throw at us anything they think will sell. Remember leisure suits? Look at Apple. Same phone given a different number, boom! Millions line up for it like they're heading to Dachau....
Aren't retail lemmings great?
That being said, I vote for mud flap girls to be pasted over it.

#37 ·
Having handled one of the guns let me say the grip feels great, and the "GRIP ZONE" looks even dumber in person than it does in the pictures. HORRIBLE IDEA.

Maybe SA hired the guy who made the Rhino look so cool and this was his first styling cue? Or they stole the marketing guy from Hi Point?

#39 ·
Grip zone sounds like something I have to explain to my fiance

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.