Suresight scam still going???

Discussion in 'SA-XD/XD(M) Accessories' started by RoosterCogburn, Sep 25, 2011.

1. RoosterCogburn

RoosterCogburn XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So many of you are familiar with the often discussed suresight scammers. In 2008, I ordered sights that I never recieved. I recieved emails for about 4 months giving me "updates on production." They never produced or shipped anything and ceased to even send emails or automatically refund my money. They ignored my emails/phone calls requesting a refund. I've been deployed multiple times since then, and pretty much forgot about it. To be honest, I didn't have time to give it the attention it deserved.

The website is still up and recieving orders?!?!?!?!?!

SureSight

How many of you have taken this scam to law? Did anyone who didn't recieve an order get a refund? I have no illusions of getting my money back, but that website needs to be shutdown.

I saw an old, but good post on glocktalk showing how many people got ripped off and recommending people report it if applicable:

Anyone Got Their 3rd Gen Suresights Yet ? - Page 8 - Glock Talk

2. Stogies

Stogies XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    It never fails to amaze me that our authorities seemingly can't do anything about something like that. How can a company like this be allowed to remain in business?

3. BrewGuyTim

BrewGuyTim XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The only thing that would make this situation worse is if they were only using GunPal/GPal as the payment gateway. :)

4. AZXD

AZXD XDTalk 35K Member

Ratings:
    +106 / 0
  5. forddexta

forddexta XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thats a bad deal. i thank you for posting it i will be telling everone i know to stay away for anything that suresight makes and i will ask around to see if anyone i know has ordered anything from them and let you know if i hear anything

6. XD40Xformer

XD40Xformer XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Glad you posted this. I have been away for a while and my dad just bought some night sights the other day.

7. Croesius

Croesius XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hadn't heard of this, but thanks for the headsup!

8. CGS

CGS XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Probably too late now but you can always contact your bank and get a refund on your credit card within the first 90 days or so.

9. NudeGolfer

NudeGolfer XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am a Glock owner/operator. Back around 2006 or 2007 I ordered SureSight sights for my G-19. Got them in about a week and found them extremely easy to install myself. Greatly improved my shooting. They do work as advertised. No question about it.

But...starting about 2009 or so I again tried to order these sights for my other Glocks but the web site would not accept my payment. Tried for a year or so and finally gave up trying to order the sights.

Now I see the whole deal is being called a "scam". I can't testify to that fact but all I can say is the sights are worth every penny.

With this good of a product all I can figure is the principals (owner/s) are having some kind of personal problems (health, divorce, drugs etc.). It is a shame as this is a really good product that ups your accuracy dramatically for a relatively low price.

10. Minkman555

Minkman555 XDTalk 3K Member

Ratings:
    +181 / 39
    If you think that scam is bad ...

Google "Super Replicas Scam"

10 or so years -- they are definitely millionaires. It's being run by a Mormon priest who just beat a molestation charge in Hondaraus. They still have websites , and a booming Facebook page , and still tons of fake YouTube videos that are edited , or rental cars are used .

It's very interesting reading , and a "super replica scam" google search will have many reading for hours in amazement that our government haven't stopped these Mafiosi Panama idiots -- "Tony Sinclair" is behind it , he preaches Mormonism in response to all the people who send him 20k for a maybach , Bugatti , etc ...

And someone outed him through the sites ip address and the Mormon "tony Sinclair" , is actually a Mormon priest who is on the run from multiple countries and resides in panama.

Sent from my iPad 3rd Gen. using Tapatalk HD

11. n3tfury

n3tfury XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes, sure.