Springfield XD Forum banner

Stolen AR?

7K views 84 replies 30 participants last post by  fgowi 
#1 ·
I have a possible problem. 2 weeks ago I took my Colt LE6920 into a guy to get a cerakote job. Everything seemed to be legit, and the guy said it would take about a week to get done, and he would call me when it was. I paid for the work that day.

Anyhow, it's been a little over two weeks now. I've tried to call and email the guy to check on the status of my rifle, but I've never gotten through to him, and he’s never returned my calls/emails. Is it time to panic?

#2 ·
Das ist nicht gut...

Do you have the guy's info? Was there documentation of the exchange?

#4 ·
When you say you "took my AR into a guy", does he advertise this stuff? How did you find him?

If you brought it to his place of business or residence, I would attempt to contact him there. Did you get a receipt or bill of sale? If he does not answer when you attempt to contact him in person, both e-mail and call him and leave a voicemail stating you are reporting this to the police. I sincerely hope you have his information.

Edit...you answered some of my questions while I was typing..lol. Does he operate a business?

#6 ·
Go to the place of business and find out what's up.

#34 ·
This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

#8 ·
Go find out like NOW. Don't wait around. At least go in there and get an idea what's up. The longer you wait the longer he could skip town or it be sold and gone

sent from the german sheperd next to me

#13 ·
When you pay for services, you have every right to check up on said services. If he refuses to answer the phone, a friendly stop by would be in order. At least he isn't out of state.

Reactions: Oneeek020
#14 ·
Not to mention the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Just stopping in could expedite the process. I know when I get busy the customers in my ear get taken care of to remove them from my ear. Either way you have to communicate. It doesnt take much to send an email these days. He Should atleast do that.

#15 ·
i concur...communication is vital in the modern age--if he is somehow that busy that he isn't returning calls or emails, he won't be for long...however, it could be something else causing the blackout: Family Issues, Health Concerns etc...

Drop by, have a chat and see whats what...and if he is lying to you or uncooperative, take your buisiness elsewhere

#24 ·
guess there are a whole bunch of places around here who feel the same as I do...more ridiculous and unethical guidelines being imposed for no real reason of any sort...

appreciate to correction...its still retarded

#26 ·
Guess I am glad I do not worry about such blatantly idiotic garbage restrictions...I do the work myself or I take it where I please--FFL or otherwise--and ignore the abject stupidity of Governmental Regulations telling where I can and cannot have work performed because they want their cut...

regardless of all that, OP hope it turns out well for you...Please keep us informed

#30 ·
He is an ffl. This is just kind of a side job he runs from a building right by his house. He does have a full time job at Polaris, so I can understand this taking awhile, but there is no excuse for poor communication. I've tried calling, his website, email, and facebook. I've got nothing from any of them. As far as showing up at his door...He lives about 50 miles away.

#33 ·
He is an ffl. This is just kind of a side job he runs from a building right by his house. He does have a full time job at Polaris, so I can understand this taking awhile, but there is no excuse for poor communication. I've tried calling, his website, email, and facebook. I've got nothing from any of them. As far as showing up at his door...He lives about 50 miles away.
So.....how important is this to you then?? I've driven over 3 hours to check up on issues with service before.

#35 ·
Man. Seems like the guy wants to run a business without all those really far out things that provide customer service. Like changing/providing an outgoing message updating his whereabouts and schedule. Geeeez!!

In the military I was subject to world wide deployment with 90 minutes notice. I'm betting his "work" gave him more notice than that!!

Hope he does a good job!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.