Stay away from PistolAccents.com for Assessories..

Discussion in 'SA-XD/XD(M) Accessories' started by 2237, May 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2237

2237 XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Guys,

Back in March I decided to do business with PistolAccents.com after reading some posts on this form.

Had a horror story of an experience with them. Placed an order back in March on a Lone Wolf Barrel and KCI magazine that were both shown as "In Stock and Ready to Ship". After a week with no package or even shipping notice I e-mailed them. I then recieved the barrel 2 weeks later which was shipped straight from the manufacturer, thus it was not "in stock and ready to ship". At this point I tried to call the company to cancel the rest of the order but never recieved a call back. Finally, in early May I received my "in Stock and Ready to Ship" KCI magazine.....2 months later....horrible business practices...stay away from these guys and their "free priority mail shipping" promotions.

2. ghost--scout

ghost--scout XDTalk 2K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Nice first post.

3. Bermanator

Bermanator XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    +1.

4. SkilSaw

SkilSaw XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Same thing happened to me with my PRP trigger kit

5. jimdanos

jimdanos XDTalk 15K Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Thanks for the heads up and welcome from Louisiana.

6. pistolaccents.com

pistolaccents.com XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry you feel that way.. I would like to address your post. First welcome !
    Now: We try to keep an accurate inventory but at times its hard. We can only go by what the mfg shows. Lone Wolf Barrels move in and out so fast its hard to keep them in stock, especially the black oxide barrels. Now we dont show "IN STOCK" we show "available for shipping".. What may of happened is when you placed your order the system didnt default to "2-3 Week Delivery" or "Ships after "XXXXX" because the inventory was off and yes it does happen. So we then put your order into "On Hold waiting for MFG delivery" an email goes out to notify you.. If you didnt get the email sorry about that. Now we did a "drop ship" because we were notified that the barrels were coming down the pipeline to fill our backorders. Because of the lenghth of time to get from the mfg to us then you would take longer we decided to have the barrel drop shipped. Now as far as your magazine. We usually carry the KCI's in stock and they do sell quickly. We opted not to send the magazine until the barrel was ready to ship. But because of the time in between we ran out of the mags and they went on backorder. Was it a screw up ? possibly on our end. But we dont make the product so its kinda hard to stay on top of the mfg's. As of today the Glock 21 black oxide barrels are still on back order. We do have customers waiting and do respond to their emails. We are given a specific date like they will ship after e.g "05/01" But at times it takes another 2 weeks.. As for your statement we offer "Free Priority Shipping" we never stated that.. We do offer promo codes for forums for free shipping , But we never ever stated it was "Priority" mail.. But 99% of our orders do go out that way. As far as a "horror" story I dont think so, its a case of Gun Products are in big demand, Mfg's dont send out red alerts of product not in stock.. This happens alot when you are buying and selling specialty items. I can check stock now for something and a hour later its on backorder. I purchase items from other places for my personal use and yes I have to wait at times.. Again sorry if you feel neglected you can contact me at sales@pistolaccents.com to discuss this further.. We also try not to do multiple shipments when you use free shipping codes. Priority to Arizona does get expensive..And yes the KCI magazine that you ordered did go on backorder when I direct shipped the barrel to you .. :D As of today conversion barrels are also a hi demand item and constantly showing in stock and delayed shipping..

Last edited: May 14, 2011
  7. ghost--scout

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I hate when people register on forums for the sole purpose of trashing another forum or business. Effing stupid.

8. Bonehead

Bonehead XDTalk 15K Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0

I think most people that read this thread will more than likely see its not much of a problem. yeah it sucks to wait but he got his stuff and it sounds like good stuff.

I don't see how people get all bent out of shape over waiting for a delay. he acts like you robbed him or something. :rolleyes:

9. Spooled

Spooled XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    TBH i would have been unhappy if something that said in stock ready to ship really wasn't.
    To me it dosnt matter i rarely order stuff online and before i do i always call to make sure its in stock.

10. Pit Boss 71

Pit Boss 71 XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 2
    Are you being sarcastic here because just 4 posts down you say how you hate guys like this that register just to trash? :)

Anyway, we now have both sides of the story and it does seem like the OP did go a little overboard but there was no communication coming from the seller telling the buyer why it was taking so long. Now is a week too long to wait for something you ordered? No, but 2 months is excessive unless you know the item is backordered.

11. blwnv8

blwnv8 XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Whether it was in stock or not isn't really the issue. The seller should make sure to make contact with customers to let them knew if something isn't going to ship. Poor customer service and communication is gonna make you or break you. I don't care bout how good your prices are. But as it seems the only contact the OP made was a email and a phone call. I would have sent a email and called every other day for the first week or 2. Then I would take it up with my credit card company and demand a credit.

12. Top Gun Supply

Top Gun Supply Official Site Vendor Supporting Vendor

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am sorry to hear of your experience. I really wish these companies that claim fast shipping and in stock status, maintained their inventory on site and had real time inventory control. This creates a real headache for us. We get numerous phone calls every day asking if something on our website is really in stock.

To claim it and not have it, cost everybody else time and money.

13. ghost--scout

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    No, I was not being sarcastic at all. Not one little bit.

14. johnson0317

johnson0317 XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What I did not see, in that long explanation of why it was not their fault, was a simple, "I'm sorry and this is what we are going to do to make it better". I see a lot of defensive talk.

How about something like this:

"I have made myself personally aware of the difficulties you went through, and I can not express how sorry I am that you did not receive the service you deserved as a valued customer. I will sit down with company administration and evaluate our throughput processes to try to make sure this is not an ingrained fault within our company. I genuinely appreciate you making us aware of this opportunity for improvement and would like to offer you 10% off on your next order. Here is my personal email address, please contact me with any future concerns and I will be back with you inside of 24 hours".

JMHO

RJ

15. smokiesguy

smokiesguy XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Well said.

They have lousy service and communication which is unacceptable. Won't ever see me buy from them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.