Stacker Energy Pills are Dangerous

Discussion in 'XDTalk Chatter Box' started by CPTKILLER, Apr 30, 2011.

1. CPTKILLER

CPTKILLER XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My daughter (37) who is also a hard working mom stopped by a convenience store and bought two Stacker Capsules or Pills and washed them down with some coffee. She was supposed to work today. I'm guessing that she needed a pick me up on the way to work.

The Stacker Energy pills made her deathly ill with chest pains, nausea and etc. She came home and my wife took her to the local ER. She is better but still feeling rotten. The ER doc sees a lot of reactions with this pill in the ER in the nearest city to us, Breaux Bridge, LA.

He and other ER doctors would like to see them outlawed. They are hazardous to your health. Quite frankly, I was unfamiliar with this drug. If you need caffeine, do it the old fashioned way with a good cup of coffee.

2. naildriver71

naildriver71 XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry to hear about your daughter, glad to hear she will be alright! I tried some of those a few years back, (a guy I worked with offered them to me) we were working a lot of overtime and he said they were a good pick me up. Anyways, I didn't get as ill as your daughter, but I did get an accelerated heart rate, and just didn't feel quite right. Needless to say I never used those again! I don't even try the energy drinks!

3. Deer Slayer

Deer Slayer XDTalk 4K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +64 / 1
    Those energy drinks, ephedra, and pretty much any of those types of products make me sick. No chest pain, but I get light headed and nauseous. I was working cutting up a tree that fell one day, and a friend showed up. He had coupons for a free can of monster, so I thought I'd give it a try thinking it would be just like a lot of caffeine. NOPE, went back to work after drinking about half the can. Puked, got the shakes, and had to quit for the day. Drank a bunch of water, and was fine a couple hours later. Some people don't react like that to them, like my friend. I dunno about making them illegal, but a warning label might be a good idea.

4. N.E. Tx.XD

N.E. Tx.XD XDTalk 5K Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    Thanks for the heads up. Will now know what NOT to try!

5. BAJ

BAJ XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry this happened, but consider you're letting her off the hook too easily for her own behavior. Is it because she's a 'hard working mom' that she automatically gets a bye for irresponsible drug use?

Why blame caffeine? Anyone who has a computer can google for the negative side-effects of too much caffeine, regardless of how you ingest it, 10 cups of espresso or some kind of powder in a pill. Maybe we should outlaw floor wax - after all it's slippery. What about outlawing bottled water because you can drink too much and develop hyponatremia?

You can't ban everything, but what you can do is exercise some judgment and not seek to blame one's irresponsible behavior on others.

6. Deer Slayer

Deer Slayer XDTalk 4K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +64 / 1
    If these were the ones with ephedra, which some stacker pills contained, they're a LOT different than caffeine. I can handle a TON of caffeine, at worst I'll feel a little jittery. I drink Mt Dew on a daily basis, it's like coffee for me. Ephedra is like caffeine x100. I'm not surprised it screws with some people's heart, and an over the counter drug like that should have a warning label. I've taken ephedra based pills before, and regretted it. I don't tolerate it well, but you live and learn.

7. Tornadic

Tornadic XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Irresponsible drug use? I don't think taking a product consistant with the labeling is being an irresponsible consumer. The product it self is a bad idea though.

Almost all these products, energy drinks, etc, mess with your system. We all hear "don't shoot +p ammo in your gun all the time, it wears it out faster", but some think nothing about taxing our bodies with over the counter meth.

Anyone ever try just taking a multivitamin in the morning, and trying fruits more often? Even drinking an orange juice instead of a soda will make you feel better. Maybe not the first day, but it won't take long.

I'm not claiming to be a health nut, I still drink more soda than I should. But after quitting drinking, smoking, and well, eating like I wanna die, I will tell you, no energy drink or pill will do what treating your body right will.

8. PHATSPEED7X

PHATSPEED7X XDTalk 2K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Not a fan of the energy pills. But I am addicted to monster rehab. Yummy!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

9. robinsre

robinsre XDTalk 4K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Amazing to me that in a country where marijuana is a schedule 1 substance and we need a prescription for amoxicillin that these sorts of things are so widely available.

10. Groo

Groo XDTalk 10K Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0
    I get a similar, but less severe reaction to energy drinks. of course the fact I don't touch them unless I am already suffering symptoms from fatigue may have something to do with it. A little grumbling belly and a touch of jitters is mild compared to ending up in a ditch.

11. Mmcbad

Mmcbad XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am a mother of three children and had been out of town due to family emergency. I had a long road ahead of me and wanted to drive straight through to see my kids and husband before they left for school and work. I stopped at a gas station and picked up some stacker energy pills to keep me awake. Bad idea! I instantly got diarrhea and vomiting. I had to pull over and get a room so I could vomit. I have never felt so awful, twelve hours later I was still vomiting. I urge everyone to not use the stacker pills.

12. Clinton1621

Clinton1621 XDTalk 2K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Vomiting I can see with a caffeine overdose... diarrhea though? Sounds more like you had food poisoning than a reaction to caffeine.

13. Brickboy240

Brickboy240 XDTalk 25K Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0
    I would not take any of that "energy" crap. Drinks...pills...whatever.

Too dangerous and those energy drinks are nothing but sugar and caffeine.

Get regular sleep and eat right and you won't need those things. Besides, Monster and Rock Star are making people fat! Have you seen the grams of sugar in every can?

...can't be good for you.

- brickboy240

14. Thefatgunner

Thefatgunner XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    well atleast this thread isn't 1 year + old

I'm suprised how many people here seem to be pushing for these pills to be banned, What the heck happened to personal responseability?

No one forced you or your loved ones to take these products, you choose to do so, it also appears you took these products without knowing how they'd affect you and instead of taking a small dose and seeing how they could effect you, you poped the max recomended dose.

I've taken many energy boosters, I actually took a no-doz about 10 minutes ago but this isn't my first time taking them and I know if I take them after 4pm it will effect my sleep cycle.

15. Clinton1621

Clinton1621 XDTalk 2K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    +1

But such is the way of the world these days... I mean who would EXPECT coffee to be hot if you spilled it on your own crotch right:rolleyes: