Squeeg-e from Remington - ISSUES!

Discussion in 'General Firearms Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Powercat80, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Powercat80

Powercat80 XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wanted to get an update from folks on the forum about your experience with the Remington or Rogers Squeeg-e. I bought several of these in varying caliber and have used them on my XDS and my AR15. I did a significant amount of research on the web and watched all the youtube video I could find in order to assure that I was using properly. Disappointedly, I have not had the success that others have had using this method. I still run several patch through in order to get all the dirt and solvent out of the barrel. Just to be sure on my AR I removed the flash hider and cleaned the chamber thoroughly to assure I wasn't picking up debris from the ends of the barrel. Still dirty patches. Keep in mind I only ran the Squeeg-e through once, as Bill Rodgers claims that you should not run through a dry barrel. I had similar results from my XDS barrel as well. What has been the experience of others now that these are out for a while? Initially people were giving these things rave reviews.

2. Johnxuga

Johnxuga XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I used one on my .30-06 and then ran patches through the barrel and it looked like I had not even cleaned it. I'm a big fan of the bore snakes. I bought one for the same rifle and ran it through once and then got a clean patch. I went and got one for every caliber I own and have been really happy with them.