Springfield xdm 5.25 9mm factory holster

Discussion in 'XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M)' started by kmiklos, Dec 16, 2011.

1. kmiklos

kmiklos XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've done alot of research on the springfield 5.25 9mm. I've recently purchased the 5.25 9mm. I love the gun, however, the holster, pardon me, sucks. The first time shooting it, I had 10 rounds in the magazine, put it in the holster that came with the gun, fired the 10 rounds. Came back to the table to reload and noticed a scratch on the slide near the end, left side. Not bad, but noticeable for shooting it the first the first time. I was not wearing pants that had any metal parts, for example levis. I am a woman and noticed the holster was sitting slanted on my hip. I called Springfield and they they have had alot of complaints about the holster. Noone, springfield, safariland, blade tech,. dawson precision do not have a holster specifically for the 5.25 9mm in production. Whoever says the factory holster that comes with the gun is great is full of it unless it specifically does not fit a womans frame. I had to send the slide back to springfield, that's how bad the damage was, to have them refinish the slide.

2. ErichF

ErichF XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have been using the Factory holster for USPSA matches, since it's a fast holster with passive retention. It's not my favorite, but it's faster then the Blackhawk Serpa I also have. Do you have the BiTone or Black XDM Slide? I could see how the factory holster could screw up the finish on a black model, especially if a piece of junk got in there with the gun.

Look up the DAA PDR Holster. It supposedly fits. Blade Tech is about to release one that will be available early next month.

3. szhttm

szhttm XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  4. molson

molson XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  5. mbrando

mbrando XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Hi,

Look at comp-tac.com for a holster. I bought the straight no cant paddle for my 5.25 9mm. It is fast and works well. I use it for USPSA.

- Mike

6. entropy87

entropy87 XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0
    Just received the same paddle holster from Comp-Tac myself..unfortunately haven't been able to open it yet as it my Christmas present from my wife..ordered a couple mag pouches as well. Great to hear you like the holster.

Steve

7. mbrando

mbrando XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Hi,

Yup, great holster. It makes it really easy to tune the holsters grip by loosening or tightening any of the 3 clamping lugs and it stays that way.

I liked so much that I bought one for my Springfield RO 1911 too. Still waiting for that one to ship. It was ordered Monday.

- Mike

8. DCS44256

DCS44256 XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Welcome to the forum. Otherwise, how do you like your XDM ?

9. krazichinaman

krazichinaman XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Blade-Tech makes their standard OWB holster (with and without drop and offset attachment, RH and LH configurations) specifically for the XDM 5.25. Their website usually isn't up to date, so its best to give them a call and order directly.

10. kmiklos

kmiklos XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks everyone for your responses! I contacted safariland again, and they gave me a release date of 2/6/2012 for the holster specifically for the sprinfield 5.25 xdm 9mm. I had already ordered the holster from blade tech, but have not received it yet. Will let everyone know when I receive it how it is!

11. ErichF

ErichF XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Got my Blade Tech DOH from Springer last week just in time for the match last weekend. It's an awesome holster! The 525 fits like a glove and pops out on demand perfectly. The XD holster is going back into the case, now :)

12. kmiklos

kmiklos XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just received my blade tech owb holster for my new springfield 9mm 5.25 and am ready to go give it a try. However, I'm having trouble adjusting the belt width. It came unfortunately without instructions.. Anyone have easy instructions or someplace that I can read how to do it? Thanks everyone!

13. MD11Noser

MD11Noser XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    There is some great information being put out here, thanks to all of you. I just bought (but waiting my 5 day cooling off time) a XDM 5.25 in 9mm with the thought of getting into USPSA shooting. Like anything new there are so many question to ask and sometime no one to ask. I found my regions contact person from the ISPA website he has been great with answering question. He even told me that he does dry fire lessons so that I can feel like I am being safe before my first match! :p My first time I don't care if I am slow but it would kill me to get a safety violation.

Thanks to all of you for the great info and keep it coming.

MD11Noser

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  14. N.E. Tx.XD

N.E. Tx.XD XDTalk 5K Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 1
  15. HAWKEYE50

HAWKEYE50 XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Comp-Tac, see my pic in my signature. I practice my Draw, daily. Will be using that set up in Competition this Summer. They made it in 3 days, shipped, and received 3 days later.