Springfield Longslide?

Discussion in 'M1911' started by craig_o, Jul 15, 2007.

1. craig_o

craig_o XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I tried this out in the Non XD forum with no result, so I figured I'd try you 1911 experts ;)

I like the looks of the Longslide but haven't heard anything about it. Anybody have an opinion/experience?

2. mattjohnston87

mattjohnston87 XDTalk 5K Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    No experience, but I do have an opinion!

I think they look quite odd..... and I can't imagine carrying one.... and it might be hard to find accessories for...

But I want one nonetheless! ;)

3. jasmap

jasmap XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Rob Leatham used a Longslide SS to win the L10 National Championship and he uses a Longslide Double Stack in Limited and has won many National Championships. Can't be all bad I guess.

4. Cubicle Commando

Cubicle Commando XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Arnold used one in the first Terminator......with that big laser that was as long as the gun. Long slide 10MM, thats what im talking about! Anyone remember the AMT Javelin?

5. bountyhunter

bountyhunter XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I shoot an STI Trojan 6" longslide in .40: the balance does seem noseheavy, the balance of a 5" 1911 is as close to perfect as you can get.

You may want to check dawson precision and see the STI longlsides. No offense to SA, but for a couple hundred more, STI is in another galaxy from the mass produced junk.

STI Target Master 6"
    http://www.dawsonprecision.com/CategoryProductList.jsp?cat=FIREARMS:STI Factory Pistols&offset=20

STI Trojan 6"
    http://www.dawsonprecision.com/CategoryProductList.jsp?cat=FIREARMS:STI Factory Pistols&offset=40

6. BlackRifleMP

BlackRifleMP XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I bought one about 7 yrs ago used for $650. Mine came with a heavier spring and was ported, a double line of 8 (made 16 ports) to shoot the 45 super. I like it but yes a regular holster will not work unless you want it to stick out an inch. I carry mine in a underarm 6 in revolver holster.

7. xdmikey

xdmikey XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have a Super, also. Too big to carry but a dream at the range! The only pistols I shoot anymore are xd's!
    I bought a tungsten guide rod for my xd45tac and Rich told me a lot of guys complained that the rod made the front of the gun too heavy and I told him that my shooter of choice before becoming an xd junkie had been the super.
    I look at it this way-once your out of rounds it makes a hell of a club:)!
    Mikey