Spokane, WA - Places to shoot

Discussion in 'XDTalk Chatter Box' started by T_Bonez, Aug 21, 2008.

1. T_Bonez

T_Bonez XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I will be spending some time in Spokane. Where is there to shoot? I know of Sharp Shooters, but anywhere else? Also, is there any state land that is shooter-friendly? I miss the days when you could just drive down the county road and plink off some rounds.

2. seattleducati

seattleducati XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well it's Spokane, so off your back porch :) Sorry, originally from Seattle so I have to make fun.

I'm sure some people will chime in, but I've gone into the Cascades (public lands) with weapons and had no problems. Ask the people, once you get there, where they go...or if you're out driving around and see hundreds of shotgun shells and empty brass, there's a good bet you can shoot there no problem. Fire roads and logging roads are good starts, you're also right next to Idaho (Rocky Mountains) and there should be no problems finding somewhere in there.

3. SgtWKPII

SgtWKPII XDTalk 20K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +150 / 0
    I grew up in Spokane, but it has changed so much I wouldn't know where to go, I used to go up to Mt. Spokane, but right now there are hunters in the woods and I am sure they wouldn't want you shooting up the place. As well as any public land.