Sons of Guns fakes it <proof>

Discussion in 'Film and Television' started by Ocean82, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Ocean82

Ocean82 XDTalk 5K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Anyone watch the episode where they built a stupid buttstock for a lady's Desert Eagle? Stephanie took the DE back to the range to shoot it. I thought something was fishy with the way they edited the video of Stephanie shooting the DE. Turns out she fired a Beretta 92. They spliced in the video and she acted like she fired the DE.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0r7F__TeL4]Sons of Guns Fail - YouTube[/ame]

Now, I know they script a lot of the show for TV. Dialog, I get, but faking shooting guns on a gun show? I'm done. I also would not patronize that shop either. It might be extreme of me, but to me, the willingness to fake crap for TV shows lack of integrity. If they are willing to lie about that, what else are they willing to lie about?

2. Lundy

Lundy XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have never liked this show. It is all scripted, and the acting is so bad it hurts. In before the "Don't hate a show that caters to gun fans, etc. etc."

3. fitbmxseries1

fitbmxseries1 XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    the work quality i see on the show looks super sketchy too, i dont get how people buy into their crap and think they do amazing work.

4. XDguru

XDguru XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    Wow that's crap, don't know if I'll watch anymore!

5. AZXD

AZXD XDTalk 35K Member

Ratings:
    +106 / 0
    I've only watched it once, and I didn't care for it, so this isn't going to change my opinion of the show.

6. Bonehead

Bonehead XDTalk 15K Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    evidently she is in a movie with her dad. "bikers vs nazis" and she does not play her dads character daughter but another biker unrelated to her dads character.

I guess they needed her to prove what kind of "attress" she was on the desert eagle thing before they could cast her in this fine piece of cinema.

7. bdavison

bdavison XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Look, you have to understand TV editing. For one, this perticular scene, they did not capture her reaction during shooting...mainly because it would have put THE VIDEOGRAPHER in FRONT of the muzzle of the gun while she pulled the trigger. I would hope that fellow shooting enthusiasts would get how stupid that would be, and if not, I cant help you.

Second,obviously, if they find that they need a shot later that they dont have, they have to do a reshoot, if the customer left with the gun, or its in pieces on a workbench, they have to do creative editing if they dont have that perticular gun in shop.

I dont see a big deal with this. Its entertainment, get over it.

Its like the people complaining about the massive explosions on their outdoor test shots. SO WHAT if they like shooting binary explosives...I do too...its fun, LOTS of fun. Anyone with half a brain knows that a .223 round wont lift the hood off a car with a explosion without some kind of additional theatrical explosion. Its called Binary Explosives, it detonates with a high velocity round. No big deal, I make the stuff all the time.

Second, Red Jacket is and always has been a really good custom gunsmith shop. They do really good work, and while some of their projects, Im not necessarily impressed with....there are others that are. Ive got a lot of respect for Will, even before this whole TV show thing. Will is a top notch stand up guy.
    You also have to understand that Red Jacket has been a small time operation for a VERY long time. They need the money this show produces to go big time. Look at American Chopper...it started as a show about a garage based chopper builder, and ended up with two huge companies.

8. YoopermikeXDM

YoopermikeXDM XDTalk 4K Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 2
    that film itself looks "spliced" i remember watching that episode wasnt anything close. not that the show has much credibility but I would also question the poster of this video's credibility as well.

9. matlt

matlt XDTalk 2K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You'll be amazed at how much stuff on tv is fake. I lost all interest in Pawn Stars after hearing someone's personal account of it. TV is for entertainment and real life is for reality.

10. zWarlord

zWarlord XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I suspect the work we see is the same as the dialog. Scripted and fake. We probably never see the real work they do.

11. TX-Kevin

TX-Kevin XDTalk 3K Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    Wait... you mean TV's not real??? :p

12. Dubyagee

Dubyagee XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    I saw a show on Discovery where they built a giant skyscraper in one hour! Including commercials!

13. Ocean82

Ocean82 XDTalk 5K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thats exactly how it aired on TV. The audio sync is off but that's because he paused the video to add the effects.

14. Bonehead

Bonehead XDTalk 15K Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0

its probably all sublet work so they can mess around and get the show done.

15. brandrum

brandrum XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yep...and neither is Santa Claus or the tooth fairy!!!!...I know it's hard to believe but it's true!!!;)