Someone talk me out of this.

Discussion in 'AK-47 Talk' started by Houston, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Houston

Houston XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  2. Stogies

Stogies XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nothing wrong with it per se. I have had a WASR10 and it worked just fine. Century gets a lot of bad rep, because they build their guns from parts kits and somewhat used components but they have been doing it for a while and most folks that actually OWN them say they are not pretty or nicely finished but they shoot. Worst thing you can commonly get is a bent front sight but that's an easy fix.

3. Stogies

Stogies XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  4. Bonehead

Bonehead XDTalk 15K Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I would buy it without a second thought.

CAI treated me very well with my warranty claim.

5. Bonehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0

I would get one of those if I already had another AK. Zboy loves them but I am not 100% on that stock. be warned ZBOY uses big boy words. :oops:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPH8saKQFiw]Z-Boys Favorite AKM Kalashnikov - YouTube[/ame]

6. patgwashere

patgwashere XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    a lot of reviewers talk about canted sights on these. I would check real careful before accepting the transfer. was thinking about buying one of these myself

7. hockeydawg

hockeydawg XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  8. CGP

CGP XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Expect to pay $30 more and 4 weeks wait time for Century. The $30 (+/-) is the cost of shipping the gun back to Century so they can fix the canted sights. The 4 weeks is time it usually takes for you to ship and receive the gun back.

Overall, I'm happy with My Polish Milled AK and in my biased opinion, best fit and finish I've ever seen in an AK platform.

They have excellent customer service and will take care of you. The downside is you have to pay a little to get your AK perfect.

9. Bonehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0

mine didnt cost me a thing to ship. the wait and magazine snafu sucked though. sht happens.

my buddies and I all have wasr10's and they are not canted and after mine was repaired they all run perfectly.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy another or even 10 more CAI AK's.

it'll run and throw lead down range. it'll put it on target too. everything you can ask of an AK, it will do.

10. CGP

CGP XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Curious. How did you manage that free shipping? They were like "this is our policy" crap on me when I called.

11. Bonehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0

I called and described my issue. wouldn't battery, wouldn't cycle, I dropped the mag and was trying to get it to eject the round in the chamber my left hand gripping around the machine cover my right hand on the charging handle when it went off.

it blew the machine cover off and the spring loose popping a hole in my thumb. I was bleeding everywhere but I feel like if I didn't have it gripped on the cover and holding it in place i would have been hurt worse by the kaboom.

the cover took most of the hit.

they were very nice to me and I was nice to them. I didn't give them an earful of BS I just explained my situation.

she emailed a label to me that day. none of the people I dealt with gave me any issue. they answered my questions, they always called me back promptly and made sure I got my rifle back in perfect working condition.

people complain about a canted sight on a wasr. I had mine blow up. any machine can have any issue it doesnt matter where it's manufactured or price tag. I just got a bad one such is my luck I expected it. I have a few friends with the wasr and I have fired theirs and they are all perfect as can be.

I still love my rifle and if I could afford it I wouldn't hesitate to buy any number of them. next time I have a brand new AK I will be a lot more careful and check it out before putting live rounds in it, I'll tell you what.

12. CGP

CGP XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, that certainly takes the cake. Mine was not that critical so I guess they figured free shipping was not warranted.

13. Bonehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    [​IMG]

here is the damaged thumb after I quit leaking. not that bad but still, I was bruised for weeks. its deeper than it looks. lol I promise. I have a nice little scar from it.

if anyone should have bad feeling at the wasr I would say I have valid reason. I wouldn't hesitate to buy more. they fixed it right up and now its perfect.

if I had to do over again, I would soak the bolt in solvent for a good long time then disassemble it and soak it again. I would also get some snap caps or something and cycle it manually just to be sure.and uhhh... get the head space checked.

maybe gloves too.

but ya know, for all the people complaining about whatever thousands are perfectly happy with their rifle.

14. CGP

CGP XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If I was a lawyer, that looks like a lawsuit waiting to happen - emotional trauma, hospital bills, and punitive damages. I hope Century would have at least sent you a couple of free mags along with the repair. :)

I wish they would clean these rifles and remove all that gunk. I have 3 Century's. I had to soak the parts in boiling hot water to remove the cosmolene. All runs great.

15. taylor6400

taylor6400 XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Bonehead cheers to you for not making a huge deal out of it and hurting the firearms world in general by lawsuits.

As to the WASR-10...i say it is what it is. Mine i got at Dunham's black friday sale for $350 and it has never had a failure. Ran flawlessly...mag fit is tight, sites are straight...cant beat it in my book. I would prefer to hand pick though...