Sneaky Pete Holsters

Discussion in 'XD-S Discussion Room' started by MarkB, Feb 14, 2013.

1. MarkB

MarkB XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  2. wisekise

wisekise XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    X2
    I'm looking at one for my p938, would love to hear reviews.

3. DJM_22

DJM_22 XDTalk 2K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No I haven't but it looks interesting.

4. texascop

texascop XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes I have. They are very well made and nice looking. The XDs model has two clips on the back. The magnetic "latches" that hold the flap are very strong but easy to open.

The big drawback is the size. They look like a holder for a Kindle or a mini iPad. But if you think about it, it has to be at least as long as an XDS and as wide. The thickness is just over 1 inch. Just draw a square box on cardboard around your XDs, cut it out, and place it on your side to see how much real estate it requires. It doesn't look like a holster but be prepared with a good story because people will ask you what you have in your "man purse".

5. goldwingtrikerbiker

goldwingtrikerbiker XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree with everything texascop said, I had 2 for 2 different guns and sold them both and stayed with pocket or IWB carry because of all the "man" purse questions mostly due to its size....not that I care what other people think it was just out of character for me and my lifestyle to have that hanging on my hip.. Safe shooting ...if you have ammo.

6. bigdawgbeav

bigdawgbeav XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I'll have to disagree with the above posters. I had one for my PF9 and it was great. No one ever said a thing about it and chalked it up to just an electronics case.

Again, I tend to find that people don't notice anything as they are focused on themselves all the time.

I do not have one of the SPs for the XDs yet, but it is in the plan.

7. LocoGringo

LocoGringo XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    I've been looking at one of these also. How are durability and quality? To be more "incognito", does it appeal more towards those who dress "nicely" for work, or can it be worn with just about anything and still fit in well? I can see where most people won't even give it a second thought as they are most likely wrapped up in their own little world unless they know you and think it might be out of character.

8. N.E. Tx.XD

N.E. Tx.XD XDTalk 5K Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 1
    If they have to know, just tell 'em that it's your colostomy bag or a muscle simulator , and they shouldn't have any more questions. :mrgreen:

As for the holster, it's looks to have applications for me.

9. texascop

texascop XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am not advising against it, just stating my observations and what I actually experienced. They are well made, a little on the dressy side and very durable. It has an insert that curves in the area where the trigger guard will live. The area of the case below that is hollow (bottom left corner for a right hander) with no support and I suspect over time, that edge will collaspe in to a degree from the pressure against it while setting in a car. The leading edge (the area where the top of the slide rests) is reenforced with a plastic insert.

It does not give the impression of a cell phone case. Maybe a cell phone case for multiple phones. And it won't pass as a pocket protector either.

10. bigdawgbeav

bigdawgbeav XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I consider it versatile when it comes to what you are wearing. Like I said, I had one for my PF9 and it stood up to everyday abuses well. When I wasn't wearing it, or opted for my 1911 to OC, it stayed in the SP holster in the center console of my car. It was nice knowing that it was always in there and I could just grab it and clip it on.

11. USMCXDm

USMCXDm XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I could maybe see that in your hip under a jacket so it's not out there in the wide open. Other than that, hey, if everyone's used to you walking around with a plasma TV on your belt then you're good to go! Wonder if they make one for my Super Redhawk?!

12. GrumpyMoose

GrumpyMoose XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 1
    I've seen these, and from a purely academic point of view it is probably quite a clever idea - a good way of "thinking out of the box" so to speak. However, my main concern is that an item such as this potentialy draws more attention to itself than it's worth - particularly from the likes of thieves, pickpockets, "snatch-and-run" robbers etc. Just the opposite of going concealed in the first place!

13. ironmike86

ironmike86 XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree. To me if I don't see the phone. I say gun. If I'm a crook I my jump you for the leather box alone

14. KemoMD

KemoMD XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just adding my two cents to this but taking a look at the site and seeing how it looks...I would probably feel more comfortable with a fanny pack. Yes, I said fanny pack. If you are interested I have been looking at getting a PT-One Concealment holster.

15. Robertftw

Robertftw XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Screw the box holster thing! I want to know more about their "Match grade" belt.