Springfield XD Forum banner

Side-mount rail for Saiga?

5K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  DanTheEldest 
#1 ·
I have a Saiga 7.62x39 to which I've done the usual conversion to get it "back to normal", and since it's got the rail mount already riveted to the side of the receiver, I need suggestions on a good rail that will attach to the quick-release Russian side-mount bracket, then go up and over the dust cover (as close as possible to the top) and has a normal NATO/US/picatinny/whatever spec rail for a holo sight or red-dot.

#7 ·
We have two and they work OK. Be sure to ask the factory guy if the provided and purchased top scope mount puts the mount and scope high enough above the top cover that the top cover can come off without removing the scope and UTG mount. On ours, the top cover just clears the UTG scope mount with very little clearance, but works fine. Saiga 12 and .308. Both use Eotecks.

About the only other thing is that to expect your factory left side riveted scope mount rail to NOT be perfectly centered on the upper receiver and thus bore sighted to your barrel. Both of ours were way way off both up and down and side to side. The easy fun solution is an afternoon removing and re shimming with shim stock the aforementioned rail. HB of CJ (old coot) PEM me if ya watta.

#11 ·
I got this one with my Arsenal Saiga. I've never actually mounted any optics to it, but it's from K-Var, and seems really solid.

BUY AK-47/74 & AR Rifles,...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.