Springfield XD Forum banner

Should I buy?

3K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  Reconinforce 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I've been wanting a AK style rifle for a long time now and just never got around to buying one. I found a NIB Saiga IZ240 AK74 for $400 cash out the door.

I've priced a little bit around and got conflicting results.

Anyone have any experience or opinions on this? Should I buy or wait for something else?

It's a spur of the moment impulse buy I stumbled upon. So I'll be doing more research here directly since I just got off work. Figured I'd post here as well.

Thanks

#6 ·
Ok. Want more informative response. It will accept hi cap 74 mags from different manufacturers and the one I put my hands on worked fine. Not my style of rifle but for $400 I wouldn't pass on it.
Unfortunately I think I'm just gonna let this one pass. There's a couple good things about it, but from what I've read there's a few negatives when looking to do a conversion.

I think I'll just go with a Arsenal AK instead.

The seller of the rifle seems to be somewhat sketchy as well, which is another reason why I'm backing out.

#10 ·
It sucks that 7n6 has been banned.

#13 ·
It does but I never shoot corrosive ammo. I've thought about picking up a tin just to sit on while it's still affordable.
Nothing wrong with corrosive ammo, and when it comes to 5.45 it's performance can't be beat. I have 10K rounds and I don't want to shoot any of it.

#15 ·
Alright, the guy just emailed me back saying he'll let it go for $360 cash if I buy it Friday.

I emailed back trying to figure out which shop he wants to meet at. I can't walk away from that price. A co worker I talked to about it already offered me $450. I could flip it right away or just keep it to myself.

Now it all depends on what he says. He wants to ship it to a FFL but I live less than half an hour away, and one of my favorite gun shops is in that town.

There's no sense in paying shipping fees if I could just meet him.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.