Springfield XD Forum banner

Should I buy a Glock 42?

4K views 41 replies 21 participants last post by  navy1970 
#1 ·
Blue Label price at 319. I already own a Sig 238 and a Kahr CW380....

Bought a G43 last week I really like....the 42 has always intrigued me though....

I'm thinking it might be something that might get my wife interested in shooting....the 42 recoil is pretty light?

Seems like a good price.

Thoughts?

#5 ·
no...

1) its a .380
2) its a Glock...and a Glock is a Glock is a Glock

If you wanna start her off right, start with a full-size 9mm--I like to start newbies on a Beretta 92 or an XD-9--pleasant to shoot, easier on the shooter and much more fun to handle than the micro-guns

#19 ·
My wife actually started shooting with an XDS-9 she loves it !! But she wanted something smaller and lighter to carry and she tried the glock 42.. she just couldn't get over how much of a smooth shot it was so she owns both. I think the glock 42 is a GREAT little pocket gun.

#24 ·
Considering the size and weight being the same, why buy a 42?

#25 ·
150 flawless rounds through it tonight.....this shoots softer than my SR22. Virtually no recoil at all making doubletaps and followup shots effortless.

Wow. I was waffling on this purchase and glad I followed through [emoji106]
Congrats! It's a soft shooting 380 for sure, I've got both the G42 and 43, good guns both.

Reactions: 2tango2
#28 ·
Don't be afraid to shoot tula 380 out of your G42. Mine gets fed nothing but tula for practice and at $15 a box from walmart It's affordable for me. I swapped in the ghost edge disconnector and my trigger is schweeet. Carry it everyday in a remora pocket holster, but also have a Talon IWB too which is excellent btw. It's a neat lil gun, I enjoy mine very much

#30 ·
Does the 380 have a lighter recoil spring than the 9mm and easier for women to rack the slide? The 9mm shield I got for her is a little hard for her. She like this old WWII Walther .32 I have but it is a german SS gun so it is sort of a collector. So I don't like to let her use or carry it. My only experience with a .380 is this Accutec POS I think I got from my brother because his wife don't like guns lol.

#31 ·
Does the 380 have a lighter recoil spring than the 9mm and easier for women to rack the slide? The 9mm shield I got for her is a little hard for her. She like this old WWII Walther .32 I have but it is a german SS gun so it is sort of a collector. So I don't like to let her use or carry it.
Both the 42 and 43 have easier to rack slides than the Shield. I have a Shield and it is pretty stout compared to the mini Glocks.

Easiest to rack slide I have come across is on a Sig P238

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.