Springfield XD Forum banner

Saiga conversion

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  R3dbull4dd1kt 
#1 ·
I had been wanting to convert a 7,62 saiga for a while and when Centerfire had them for $499 ish, I jumped one on. I finally got around to converting it today, I still need a gas tube, FCG and I will be putting black Warsaw length furniture also.

See less See more
Reactions: John A.
#2 ·
I did a Saiga conversion it was one of the biggest projects I've completed without assistance....

It hurt.... a lot. The outcome was fantastic though. Mine was the .223 but good luck with the conversion man! Take your time and don't swear too much, remember to take breaks, and always remember with the AK ... "make it fit / you can't break it".

Bust out the drill, dremel, and beer.

#6 ·
This wasn't my first conversion, it took about an hour and half. Biggest pain was notching the barrel for the hand guard retainer and making sure the barrel parts lined up! I have built several AKs so having the tooling helps. I am still hunting for a russian or Bulgarian gas tube. I am sad that the end of factory russian guns is coming to an end though!! Wish I would have bought more of them!!

#7 ·
Dinzag has a hanguard retainer now that doesnt involve so much tomfoolery...if ya wanna kick it old school thats cool too!

I am gonna post up my own Saiga Conversion here in a bit!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.