Springfield XD Forum banner

Saiga 7.62, now what

969 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  R3dbull4dd1kt 
#1 ·
So I acquired a Saiga 7.62x39 sporter rifle. Thing is fun to shoot as is. But I originally wanted to convert it to a "True AK", with the wood and all.
Question is, If I like shooting it as is, will it be any more fun converted? If not and I still want a dangerous looking "wooden rifle" what type of AK or SKS should I be looking for? Thanks

#2 ·
More fun? Nope. But dude, you have to convert it if for no other reason than to make it look right. Once you have converted it to non-suck style you will find that you have a better trigger too. And I love the old school kick ass wood stocks. You may want another rifle, but IMO you already have the right rifle. Happy shootin.

#7 ·
A true collector market for a Saiga is unlikely in either condition. They are not rare by a long shot. However, with any high capacity rifle you will see another crazy upsurge in market value when the next big event occurs and another gun grab is attempted. IMO, a true collector gun should only be of interest if you are looking strictly at it as an investment gun. I have some of those. Most are rare, desirable and either unfired or nearly new condition. There is a lot more to it than that, but the short answer is IMO a Saiga is not a collectible gun at this time.

#8 ·
do not forget the stoopid 922r issues either...

if you intend to possess let alone use a Hi-Cap AK mag in the gun, CONVERT IT FIRST...

trust me, they are WAY more fun converted than they will ever be in Import Retard layout...its not expensive and its pretty easy (as long as you own a Dremel Tool ;) )

my 223 took less than a week, start to finish, working on it in the evenings after work...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.