Remington 700 CDL v. CDL DM v. CDL SF

Discussion in 'Bolt Guns/Precision Rifles' started by Justin89t, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Justin89t

Justin89t XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am going to pickup a .270 but I'm having a hell of a time deciding which one I want!

I'm pretty sure I've narrowed it down to the three listed in the title of the post, the plain 'ol CDL, the Detachable Mag CDL or the Stainless fluted CDL. The price variance between the three is a touch outside $100 at Buds so that's not really a determining factor. When I'm spending $7-800 on a gun a little more or a little less really isn't a concern.

Does anyone have any input on the pros or cons for any of them?

The DM is more of a consideration if I choose not to go with the stainless. If I am overwhelmingly drawn towards the stainless the mag is pretty irrelevant as they don't offer a stainless DM.

Pretty hard to choose between 'em.

On a somewhat different note... WalMart has the 270 BDL advertised for $750... which is the same price as the CDL @ Bud's. Does Bud's just ahve that much better pricing to have the CDL for what WalMart's carrying the BDL for?

Thanks for any input! I'm looking to buy sometime before next month is over so I still have plenty of time to roll it around.

2. Dirty Rod

Dirty Rod XDTalk 3K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Detachable mags are really good for matches where you might have a string of 7-8 shots. The internal mag gives you 4-5 rounds and puts you at a disadvantage if you have to reload. I also have fat fingers so occasionally I would have a round get stuck when loading quickly.

If your rifle will be used primarily for hunting then you will rarely need more than a few rounds so the internal mag is fine, trims off a little weight, and eliminates the mag getting caught on brush as you move through the brush.

Kinda depends on what you want to do with he rifle.

3. Mr7.50headsup

Mr7.50headsup XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    As a owner of a ADL their is nothing more that I want than a detachable mag. They make a 5 round mag that runs darn close to flush and won't cause too much heart ache through the shrub.

4. Justin89t

Justin89t XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The more I think about it the more I'm leaning away from the removable mag. I am strongly considering an aftermarket one on my SPS Tac .308 but this will be strictly a hunting rifle, I think the 4+1 will be totally adequate for the rifle's job.

I'm mainly debating between the stainless or blued hardware now. I've read the flutes are pretty cheaply done, more for aesthetics than anything.

Decisions decisions.

5. Groo

Groo XDTalk 10K Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0
    I'd do the SF