Recommended XDm accessories?

Discussion in 'XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M)' started by spartan1039x, May 14, 2011.

1. spartan1039x

spartan1039x XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am getting an Xdm on my 21st B-Day (4 days) and was wondering if their are any accessories I may want to get? I already ordered got a holster for CC (crossbreed quikclip) but wonder if their is anything else? I know it comes with a lot but wonder if their are any mods that may make the XDm even better. Thanks.

PS. I am new here, from SW Ohio.

2. Podunks

Podunks XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Depends on how much you are willing to spend. I am currently in the process of cerakoting my SS slide on my XDMc 40 OD green, and getting the slide milled out for a red dot sight, as well as getting slanted serrations milled into the front of the slide,
    PRP ultimate match trigger,

Stainless or titanium extended mag release,

striker,

indicators,

guide rod.

3. spartan1039x

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am not in the position to dump much into it now but will add mads and accessories as I can save for them. I am looking at a lasermax guide rod laser for it and possibly a custom trigger setup. I like the trigger on the Xdm don't get me wrong, but I prefer a shorter trigger pull myself.

4. SnowBlaZeR2

SnowBlaZeR2 XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Magazines and ammo. Then decide what to change.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

5. Bushdoctor

Bushdoctor XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    What ever you paid for the gun - spend that much on ammo over the next six months.

6. IAmKalashnikov

IAmKalashnikov XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I suggest don't get the Lasermax guide rod. I was told that anytime you wanted to zero the laser, change the battery, or have work done that you'd have to send it back to Lasermax to let them do the work. I'd rather zero my own pistol, not have to send it to a company and let them do it.

What does the XDm need? Nothing, but there's plenty of things you can want. Perhaps some form of white light. I'm looking at the Streamlight TL1 right now for my XDm. Alot of people upgrade from the normal 3-dot sights to night sights. I think Trijicon, TruGlo, and Metro are pretty good brands. Some people also add an enlarged magwell to make it easier for faster reloads. Also one of the main things I saw people buying for XDms were the Don's Guide Rods. They are a solid guide rod, instead of the hollow one the XDm comes with. It adds a little weight, and I guess the rod itself is stronger.

There's tons of other things to buy, and I suggest taking a look at www.PistolGear.com, because they have tons of stuff. Check the forums, there's several other companies that seem to specialize in Springfield XD and XDm's.

Though, like everyone else, I'm going to suggest buy atleast another extra magazine and plenty of ammo. Oh, and another thing, if you live in the lower states where it tends to stay very hot(like me), I would suggest also purchasing some kind of rubber grip sleeve. Pachmyr and Hogue both make some. My XDm gets real slippery once I've been shooting for a little and my hands get sweaty.

7. twowinns

twowinns XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Congratulations!

I'd recommend:
    • Several additional magazines to save time at the range. I have eight.
    • A UpLula magazine speed loader. The best $30 you'll ever spend, in my opinion.
    • TruGlo Tritium Fiber Optic pistol sights.

Whatever you do, you'll have a great time with the gun.

8. LJenkmd

LJenkmd XDTalk 4K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Do NOT get the Lasermax Guide Rod LASER. Had nothing but problems with mine, and the finicky battery cap would not fit securely. Always was worried that the guide rod would shift off the barrel and jam the gun.

Don't forget the UPLULA mag loader....Its a must accessory.....

9. 57K

57K XDTalk 2K Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 3
    Welcome to the forum! Which XDm are you planning on buying? The two upgrades I've done to mine were a solid stainless guide rod and the "Match Easy" trigger kit from Powder River Precision. Shortens the take-up and reset and lightens pull to around 4# and the trigger stop eliminates overtravel. I am very pleased with the outcome and probably won't mod any further.;)

10. dglock

dglock XDTalk 3K Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    All you need is lots of ammo and range time! The pistol is fine right from the box.

don

11. Bruce P.

Bruce P. XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    UPLULA!!! and at least a case of ammo.

12. spartan1039x

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am getting the 4.5" 9mm, a friend of mine is trading it for my Ruger Mini-14. The match easy trigger does look nice and I do like a shorter trigger pull, as for the guide rod, only time will tell.

Anyone have the truglo TFO sights? I have heard mixed reports about them however, they do seem to offer the best of the best of fiber and tritium.

Also, since the lasermax seems to be a POS, anyone use a viridian laser? I would prefer a green laser for better visibility. I was looking at a X5L and it appears to be pretty snazzy piece.

13. Light700

Light700 XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ammo ammo and more you guessed it ammo

14. youngbuck.45

youngbuck.45 XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I bought an xd .45 in early march and have since put about 3,000 rounds through it. I'm also new to xd's and this forum, but i agree with the fellow that said to put the equivalent of the price of the gun into ammo and shoot it every chance you get. In my opinion xd's are like any other kind of gun (I'd only had 1911's before), they are very easy to over accessorize. After you've shot yours a lot, you will have an idea of the mods that will suit you. I'm currently saving my money to have a powder river trigger job done, and i want to add some ramped combat sights (novaks, if such a thing is available, like i said i'm fairly new to xd's myself). Once thats done, i plan on leaving it alone. It's my primary carry gun, and its already very good for that.

Before you spend the money on mods, buy lots of ammo and shoot, shoot, shoot!

15. jimdanos

jimdanos XDTalk 15K Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 14
    Get a couple of extra mags then AMMO!