Springfield XD Forum banner

Recommend a knife for $50

4K views 30 replies 19 participants last post by  Studewood XD40 
#1 ·
Got a visa gift card for my birthday. Probably looking for a folder. Has to be shipped for under $50. I was really looking at that coldsteel finn wolf, so maybe something along those lines as far as ruggedness. Thoughts on that or anything else?

#10 ·
You can get two Moras for $50 shipped, and they will perform as well as a lot of $100 knives. Or, a Cold Steel Canadian Belt Knife and a Mora.

Whoops, in a folder, I carry a cheap sanrenmu 710 a LOT. Or a Kershaw Half Ton. Sometimes a Spyderco Byrd.

#13 ·
Have you looked into the opinels yet? They're like 12 bucks a pop with a lot of flavors, and i'd say the best folder in that price range. My No. 8 gets some work every now and again, and slices like a boss. Hard to pick a knife for a person who seems to have everything!

Edit- They don't like water that much though, but can be a fun project knife to customize, so this isn't as much of a problem.

#14 ·
The Milwaukee spring assist tanto and Klein electrician I picked up st Home Depot for around $20 both get the job done. My EDC is a SOG Zoom.

..... the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#30 ·
I was going to throw in for a Kershaw, but you said you already have one...... next suggestion would be a Cold Steel... there are several versions. I have a mini-tuff-lite that is very small for when I just want to have something with me that can hide really really well..... but their bigger versions are really good as well as thier other designs. Plenty of those on Amazon for less than $50 on a regular basis.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.