Range report, Tulammo

Discussion in 'XD-S Discussion Room' started by Omgrtfa, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Omgrtfa

Omgrtfa XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    good news everyone!!

So on hearing how bad an SR556 performs with tulammo i decided to try out my new case of 1000 rounds .223 tula. $270 well spent btw.

I also have 450 rounds of tulammo .45 so why not test out the XDs,

I also have a new XDM 3.8 compact .45 i have yet to fire.. brand new in its case.

careful now, pay attention cause this all happened in 30 seconds!!! maybe...

I loaded my pmag of 30 tula in my SR556 quickly did a suppress fire drill -upon the 20th round or so i transitioned to my IWB holstered XDs and fired 6 rounds of tula on target at 30 Ft.
    -on empty i reholstered, transitioned to the AR finished the mag, dropped and loaded a new 30 rd. pmag of tula got about half way,
    -transitioned to my XDM 3.8 fired 14 rounds of tula .45, reloaded fired 14 rounds of wolf .45, reloaded fired 9 rounds of tula .45 swapped back to the AR finished the mag.

Blamo! not a hicup!!

this was done in freezing rain the weapons were cold-room temperature.

to the guy trading in his xds for a g26, mistake, i sold my g26 for the xds, never looking back..

2. Obscura

Obscura XDTalk 4K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've run thousands of rounds of Tula in my XDM 45 and XDS. Haven't tried it in the SR-556, seen some reports that they don't like steel cased ammo.

Full Disclosure: after 200 rounds of Tula in the XDs, I developed a problem with the extractor and had to send it back to SA for adjustment. Gun has run 100% since but I haven't tried any more Tula. (mainly because I can get Freedom Munitions for the same price or less, made in USA)

3. TakeM406

TakeM406 XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'll get one or two malfunctions put of 50 with 40 cal Tula but I'm not going to cry. It's cheap plinker ammo! I do have better luck with Win or Fed but it's good for the money. But it's not a defense load...

Shot some in my buddies AK with no issue.

Sent from my layout blind

4. dk.easterly

dk.easterly XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'd hope an AK/SKS would have no issues running steel cased ammo. It's what they were made to use.

OT: I stopped using Tulammo in my XDm 9mm. After having multiple issues (FTFeed, FTFire, Jamming up my mags) with the ammo, I decided no more for my pistol.

On the other hand, my AK/SKSs love it. Haven't ever had a single issue with it.

Another +1 on freedom munitions. Their ammo is top quality and great prices.

5. Uncle_Remus

Uncle_Remus XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would NEVER get rid of my G26 or ANY of my Glocks! I love my XDS, but no way could (or should) it ever replace any other quality firearm. The XDS fills a "niche" that is all by itself. Of course, I wouldn't trade the XDS for anything either....

But, to each his own. I'm not judging. Just my "dumb ass" opinion. Glad to here you're diggin' the .45! There IS nothing like it, with the possible exception of the G36.... :mrgreen: