polish tantal and century...again

Discussion in 'Other Long Gun Talk' started by Jhicks88, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Jhicks88

Jhicks88 XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    century arms has decided that my tantal in fact has key holing issues, cant fix or replace the firearm, and now wants to issue a credit for use at j+g that would be significantly less than what I paid for the rifle. am I in the wrong to think that they should replace the rifle out right? wasr-10, etc. again the rifle is still under warranty and no solution can be found? so im to suffer. this cant be right...

2. Krackels

Krackels XDTalk 25K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +153 / 0
    Nope. They should fix it or give you credit for purchase price. What does the retailer say?

3. Jhicks88

Jhicks88 XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Retailer says they can only give credit for the amount that they paid for the gun. Significantly less than purchase price. I can't wrap my head around this concept. It makes a warranty seem useless.

4. Bonehead

Bonehead XDTalk 15K Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Century did pretty well for me. I hate to hear they are shorting you. maybe you can send them a copy of the receipt and work something out.

5. scottberlin96

scottberlin96 XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Customer service is the deal breaker for a lot of companies keep after them and I'm sure they'll cave in

6. Jhicks88

Jhicks88 XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Century sold a rifle that would have trouble hitting the broad side of a small barn. What's more is the danger in a firearm that you dont know where the bullet will hit essentially. They'll make it right. I'll try and reach a supervisor or manager.

7. Krackels

Ratings:
    +153 / 0
    Wow that's horrific. Imagine if large retailers used this concept.

You buy plasma screen tv at walmart, paying $2,000. TV doesn't work and you go to return the tv and get credit. They tell you they can't refund the money that you paid but only refund what they paid. They refund you the wholesale price IN STORE CREDIT a total of $1,500. END RESULT NET LOSS $500 and REALLY PISSED CUSTOMER.

Have you gone all the way up the chain of management for both Century and the retailer? Have you filed a complaint with the BBB for both?

I'd suggest both of those as the next steps of action if you haven't already. In the mean time, I'd strongly suggest to my friends that they should avoid buying anything imported by Century and shopping at that local store since they won't stand behind the products they sell.

Likewise, it would be prudent to write a letter expressing your displeasure with their companies for their poor handling of this. Lay out some remedies that would make you happy (i'd put the real burden on Century), and then leave a IF NOT closing paragraph. "I sincerely hope you can help remedy this issue as I believe your company is better than this. If, however, you cannot bring a satisfactory resolution to this I will encourage my friends and families to avoid Century Arms."

If this store only offered you store credit for the wholesale price of the rifle this store needs to be named. :twisted: :evil:

They'll make profit off you either way... it's just if they offer you a refund of the wholesale price they'll make greater profit. Does the store have a website? If it does they probably spell out the return/exchange procedures and terms. If so and it conflicts with what they are telling you call them out on it.

All that being said, it could be a lot worse. You could've bought a $2,500 gun and they were pulling this crap on you.

8. Groo

Groo XDTalk 10K Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0
    seams like J&G should at least kick in the difference. This makes them at least as bad as Century (and that's pretty bad). I'll remember this next time I see their "great deals" advertised on the web. I've come real close to pulling the trigger a couple of times with them. If they think this a a fair result, they can kiss my money good-bye for good.

Stories like this and the price/scarcity of a quality AK are why I don't have an AK.

9. richeyo2

richeyo2 XDTalk 5K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Man I've never heard of such BS! I don't see how it's legal to only refund you the wholesale price unless that it's written in there return policy. I've never heard of a wholesale refund policy, stores would make a killing off people if this was the norm. It would be a win/win for the store everytime.

I'd stay on the phone/email w/everyone I could until they resolved my issues.
    Good luck man, keep us posted.

10. Krackels

Ratings:
    +153 / 0
    If it's JG Sales then...

11. Jhicks88

Jhicks88 XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you all for the responses. Krackles example is exactly right. In my opinion and typical business practice, the manufacturer holds the warranty and is typically trusted for repair and replacement. My issue is with century. While J+G who I was told was the wholesaler to the small location shop I made my purchase in says they can do nothing, I somewhat believe them. It's a defective product from an organization I put trust in when investing money in their product. And to even begin to get less than half value credit they speak of, I (me personally) have to speak with J+G plus the dealer.