Springfield XD Forum banner

Picked up a Gen 4 Glock 23 today.

9K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  WDE08 
#1 ·
So I came into a little money that I was not expecting and decided to use some of it to pick up a new handgun. I already have a XD in.40 so I wanted to pick up something in .40 and preferably just as reliable. I was limited to $650 so sigs and hk were out. I went down to the gun shop looking at either the new Ruger SR40, Walther PPS, or the Glock 23. The Ruger was slick as s#*t but the manual safety kept pinching my had and I did not even finish the mag before I had a blister. The Walther was neat small but I could not release the mag without turning the gun over, not good. The Glock 23 shot like a dream and felt solid. After I drove straight to the range to do a little Glock vs XD face off( which there are enough of on the internet already so I won't bore you with mine). I love both guns, and I'm glad I went with the full sized XD and the compact Glock. I plan on carrying the glock in summer and the XD in winter. Best part is I don't have to be an XD or Glock fanboy any more, I have both :)

#4 ·
Argh! I am so freaking jealous. Congrats on the buy, my friend. I'm actually trying to sell my XDm in 40S&W to get a Glock 23. Don't get me wrong, I love XD's and will still have a couple, but that G23/19 size is just sooo perfect. Did you find that the larger mag release on the Gen4's has sharper edges and rubs your hand? I've heard some whispers of this happening but I would like to hear about it first hand. And please be honest as I'm trying to decide between a NIB Gen3 or a gently used Gen4.

Again... congrats!

#5 ·
I put about 300 rounds through it today and never felt any issue with the mag release. Also I had read that there were problems with the recoil assembly being to stiff and FTFs happening but I have had no issue with this. It is perfectly sized for my hand (I have not used the two backstraps that came with it).

#7 ·
Congrats on the Glock, they will grow on you also. After I got my Gen 3 model 23 RTF2 I later picked up a Gen 3 17, a few years later found a classic Gen 1 model 17, (one of the first 9000 imported in '86 with tupperware box) and then a few weeks ago ordered a model 34. My son really shoots them well and we both love the Glock family of guns.

#9 ·
Got yourself a good one. I generally carry a Gen3 G23. Pretty hard to beat for size, weight, reliability, and firepower. Just ask Massad Ayoob. :)

#12 ·
i bought my first glock late last year. sold it to fund another purchase...but missed it so much that i went and bought another yesterday!

gen 4 glock 19. i never thought that of ALL the guns that came and went from my safe that i would miss a glock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.