Petition for the Arm Educators Act

Discussion in 'RKBA News and Information' started by Fileobrother, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Fileobrother

Fileobrother XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You like that name? I just came up with that.

There is a petition on Whitehouse.gov urging the president to present stronger control legislation to congress, not that he needs any encouragement. As we all know, that is not going to stop killers from killing, and in the end will only make it worse. This petition already has over 98,000 votes, because people are idiots.

There is another petition, calling for Congress to enact legislation allowing teachers to CC. Here is the link, Whitehouse.gov arm teacher please log in and sign your name. We have thousands of members on this forum, the more signatures, the more it will be taken seriously. It's already at 4,000. Think of what it could be if every active XDtalk member went and signed that petition.

I suppose the legislation would look something like this:
    1) Faculty who are directly responsible for the safety and well-being of one or more students shall be authorized to carry a firearm. This should include teachers, security guards, and senior administration(principal, VP). Inclusion of ancillary staff such as bus drivers, janitors, food prep staff, and librarians should be decided by the state or school board.
    2) While states and schools may decide the form of carry, preventing teachers from carrying a firearm will be illegal without due cause(ineligibility to possess a firearm, irrational or mentally unstable behavior, disciplinary action).
    3)Educators who wish to carry a firearm on school grounds must complete a course, with state-defined curriculum that provides adequate training for the defense of the school against live shooters, while instructing carriers on the proper ways to carry so as to not allow access of the firearm to students. A refresher course should be required annually or every other year.
    4)If unwilling to comply with the federal regulation, a state legislature must provide law enforcement officers at each school who must be allowed to carry their duty weapons.

That's my $.02, anyway. Feel free to comment on any changes.

2. bowserb

bowserb XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Problem is CC laws are state laws as are where you can carry.

Please excuse typos. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

3. geckohawaii88

geckohawaii88 XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Signed, done. I don't think it will go anywhere, but it's worth a shot.

4. Fileobrother

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Obviously, if CC is illegal in city X, a teacher can't carry there. Also, number 4 would go into effect in that situation.

5. Fileobrother

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for your support. You may be right, but at least they will know where we stand.

6. bowserb

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree with the idea, but if a state does not allow guns in schools, that is it. They are also not going to accept more unfunded mandates from the federal government. The states are broke already...they cannot hire more police for schools. These WH petitions are useless anyway. The WH staff probably sits around laughing at what people are asking for.

Obama hates guns, and even more hates gun owners. He is not going to support anything that does not directly increase gun/gun owner control.

7. Bucc5207

Bucc5207 XDTalk 5K Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    There is a federal law that prohibits carrying in schools, but it has an exception for state-licensed carry. I think because of the 9th or 10th Amendment, federal law can't overrule state law on this. So I think neither the President nor the Congress could make this happen, even if they wanted to. The only part of the federal government that could make it legal to carry in schools is the Supreme Court, by striking down the state laws that forbid school carry.

8. Helpdesk9

Helpdesk9 XDTalk 20K Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0
    They could repeal said federal law

Vestra stultitia exstasis me.

9. Bucc5207

Bucc5207 XDTalk 5K Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    They could, but it wouldn't matter. The federal law doesn't apply if you have a state carry license and your state allows you to carry in schools. If your state forbids carry on school grounds even with a permit, repealing the federal law would make no difference.

Seems to me the only thing the federal law does is to make school shootings a federal crime. Big deal. School shooters never get arrested.

10. bowserb

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just signed the referenced petition. The other one the OP mentioned is now up to over 151,000 signers. They're coming to get our guns.