PETITION: A Gun In Every Classroom - Whitehouse.gov

Discussion in 'RKBA News and Information' started by sp3nce321, Dec 15, 2012.

1. sp3nce321

sp3nce321 XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  2. hevnsnt

hevnsnt XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Before I begin, I would like to state that the horrible show of evil in Newtown, Connecticut has had a significant impact on me. I feel for the community that will never forget, those parents who lost their children, the children who lost their lives and those who will have to deal with this the rest of their lives.

I am the father of two small children, one of which is the exact age of those poor children in CT. So I have a vested interest in the safety of our schools. Additionally my mother was a victim an active shooter in a school.

However I don't want MORE guns in schools. "A gun in every classroom" is a knee-jerk reaction to this weeks tragedy and not well thought out. Teachers don't need the added responsibility of a loaded weapon in their rooms.

That being said, I fear that "gun free zones" are seen as a less resistant target. Couple that with the fact that Active Shooters are generally troubled teens (or there abouts) which usually have negative experiences associated with schools, it is not surprising that they are an appealing target.

Therefore we need to provide these schools with some method of protection. I would propose the following:

* Early gunshot detectors throughout the building. In the event of a gunshot, an automated alarm could notify the school to take protective measures, and the police would be immediately and automatically notified.
    * Every classroom be given a non-lethal protection. I think that tasers would be a great solution. Not just for Active Shooter scenarios, but also classroom violence.
    * At least one handgun in every school, with limited access. Require that individuals who would like the combination to the handgun take a proficiency with handguns course and require that they are re-certified yearly.
    * Require that individuals who expect to enter the school after the doors are closed and locked, have a prior appointment. No exceptions.

3. Fileobrother

Fileobrother XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
  4. sp3nce321

sp3nce321 XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    As i agree with everything you stated the above, i believe the reason for the petition is not to literally put a gun in every classroom. This would arm many people that should not be allowed to carry a weapon.

With that being said, proper training and handling of a firearm would be must, but this would make a shooter think twice about targeting innocent unarmed people knowing that the school is no longer a "Gun Free Zone".

I added "Gun in every classroom" as that is what the petition is titled.

A gun in every classroom. Arm every teacher and principal to defend themselves and their students during an attack.

If teachers and principals are armed and trained to defend themselves during a school attack there would be fewer casualties and less attempts to attack schools.

Fact: Crime rates decrease when the people are better armed.

It is time we gave our teachers the ability to defend themselves and stop pretending like a door buzzer is enough of a defense. Take a stand for school safety. Arm the teachers and principals today. A gun in every classroom will protect our students from massacres like the one in CT today.

5. sp3nce321

sp3nce321 XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  6. mbrando

mbrando XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I agree a good start to a quality plan. Most of these incidents begin and end in less time than LEO can address. A proper plan and measures would at least allow the school to stop the threat sooner rather than waiting for the shooter to take their life or jam their weapon.

- Mike

7. ekim

ekim XDTalk 3K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    IMO, most teachers are liberal in their thinking and I would not want an armed liberal with a weapon in a school. We can't even trust teachers not to have sex with the students much less give some air head teacher a gun. There has to be a better solution.

8. teamhelotes

teamhelotes XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This all depends on what part of the country. I am not and most of my coworkers are not. Please do not group us with the others.

9. ekim

ekim XDTalk 3K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I did say most and my reply to you and your fellow teachers is that you probably belong to the same teachers unions that have caused the education system to fail so badly. What you allow and support through union dues you encourage.

It's my opinion, you don't have to agree or like it, just show me what you and your fellow teachers have done to change/correct the problems and have help fix the union/government control of the education system.

10. divxrippimp

divxrippimp XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree with you. I can see a few armed people in the school. A gun in every class is redonk.

Teaches armed with bear mace in a holster would be perfect.

**Posted from my Moto Charm using Tapatalk**

11. teamhelotes

teamhelotes XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Texas, right to work state, no union dues for me.

12. Japeatr

Japeatr XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I like the early decibel detection idea and non lethal alternative.

13. ArmyGuy45

ArmyGuy45 XDTalk 10K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +290 / 6
    I would support a petition that would allow teachers to carry should they CHOOSE to carry. No one should carry a gun against their will.

14. 5L1mm

5L1mm XDTalk 2K Member

Ratings:
    +131 / 6
    this.
    i signed it anyway, but moderation would be best in all situations

15. Nivlac

Nivlac XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We need more armed police in the schools but that can be a heavy burden on the taxpayers. National Guard troops get paid anyways...why not have at least two at each school, that cannot afford aditional security. Many of these guys have a keen eye for potential threats and certianly can stop a bad guy with a gun.