Para Expert Carry Review and First Range Trip

Discussion in 'M1911' started by CPTKILLER, Oct 10, 2013.

1. CPTKILLER

CPTKILLER XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    $Para.jpg

$PO1.jpg

I picked up a new Para Expert Carry from Academy here in Austin, Texas. I really had no idea what to expect in that the older small Para's have had a bad reputation. My new Para cost $699. In this case the QA was excellent.

My initial range work was with the CZ PO1 (9mm) to get settled back in on the range. It has been over a year since I went to a range, mainly due to getting things in order after my wife's sudden death.

The CZ PO1 was reliable and accurate as ever. It is a fine all metal pistol and everything as usual went very well. The CZ PO1 is on the white target.

The Para Expert Carry may be a bit hard to see with a blued 1911 on a black target. I was very curious about how well that I would do with it with a 3" barrel and a relatively lightweight pistol.

The whole range event went very well with no issues whatsoever. The Para comes with two 8 round magazines (there is a Para promotion until December 31, 2013 that includes a range bag, cleaning kit, and two additional magazines).

The sight picture with Para standard sights was excellent. I cannot really complain about that at all.

The Para's light weight and balance was excellent. It fit my hands well and returned to the target well after each shot. This was a key issue that I was concerned about. Recoil for me was quite manageable. The sights were clear and really worked quite well.

Fit, form, and function were equally superb. The trigger was comfortable. Actually superior to the CZ PO1. The reliability and accuracy were flawless.

Every round in both pistols fired. They were inexpensive Walmart Tula Brass Maxx for both weapons. There was no issue whatsoever with the PO1 (expected) and none at all with the Para (an unknown with a new 1911).

The bottom line is that the Para Expert Carry is a highly recommended pistol for concealed carry.

2. GT Jon

GT Jon XDTalk 10K Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 4
    Nice review. Sorry to hear about your wife's passing.

3. Snaphook

Snaphook XDTalk 5K Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Glad you're back on the range and the Para is working out. You hear a mixed message on Para's. Sorry about your wife passing.

4. DJM_22

DJM_22 XDTalk 2K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the review. Sorry about your loss