Springfield XD Forum banner

Optics Ready XDM hitting shelves soon...

21K views 95 replies 22 participants last post by  TSiWRX 
#1 ·
Soon, there will be an optics ready XDM (OSP-Optical Sight Pistol) 9mm 4.5" model hitting the shelves. This model will be available with or without a Vortex Venom straight from the factory. It will also come with 3 sight bases for other optics.

XDM9459BHCOSP without Vortex Venom
XDM9459BHCOSPV with Vortex Venom

#7 ·
Other than the improved aiming with the longer sight radius of a 5.25, the optic negates this advantage. I run the 4.5 and 5.25 and find both to be very accurate. The 4.5 cycles faster and just feels a little more balanced in my hands. I can't wait to see this new offering. I have a Deltapoint Pro I'd like to try on this pistol.

#14 ·
This is the future of carry guns. Glad Springfield jumped on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It may very well be the future but it needs the technology to catch up 1st. Battery life, dependability/durability of the optics needs to improve over where they are now to make it a viable option. I don't think the slide mounted optics is the right path at this point. Just my buck-o-five.

#26 ·
I've shot red dots on a few pistols; when I had one on my Buckmark, I could turn the dot off and still go 10/10 on a soda can at 10yds or so, rolling it downrange...it's not that hard to just center your target in the sight and go with it.

#39 ·
I'm going to see if my LGS can find one without the vortex. L&M will mill a slide and install BUIS for less than $400 round trip, so I'm not sure I want to spend the $ for a new pistol just to mount a RMR I already own.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.