NY Mother looses 2 childeren during sandy

Discussion in 'XDTalk Chatter Box' started by shootinnc1988, Nov 2, 2012.

1. shootinnc1988

shootinnc1988 XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i seen this on cnn an thought id share it with evryone. a NY mother trying to get out during huracane sandy, gets stranded in her suv and has to bail out with her 2 and 4 year old boy's. during that time she went to a house close by that was ocupied by a man inside. she went to the door and pleeded to let her and the children in, but the man didnt. she went to a window and tried to break it to get in, she couldnt break it and eventuly was overtaken by flood water and lost grip of her children. the next day her cildren was found dead a 1/4 mile away. you need to watch the clip in the link to get a real feel of what happend.
    my thoughts and prayers go out to the mother and familie.also, i hope the man that owned the house gets his for what he caused.

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

2. axel2078

axel2078 XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    That is truly heart breaking and difficult for me to read without thinking of my own two kids.

3. Ridge

Ridge XDTalk 5K Member

Ratings:
    +57 / 1
    The man sounded pretty convincing when he said with his story about a man, not a woman. Something isn't right here. Vey sad story, either way.

4. N.E. Tx.XD

N.E. Tx.XD XDTalk 5K Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 1
    Good Lord man! How sad a story, and sorry to read that! That homeowner should be hanged at sunrise.

5. AwPhuch

AwPhuch XDTalk 15K Member

Ratings:
    +297 / 11
    He didn't cause it, its not his fault...yet he should be ashamed for NOT offering help to those in need...but he is under NO duty to offer help [as some say here about defending the life of another with a CHL](a real man...a sheepdog, a protector would have helped)

Horrible tragedy...

6. Bonehead

Bonehead XDTalk 15K Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    ok... so they put this guys house on TV and show this guy on the news convicting him of being this child killer A hole that refused help and will have the whole world outraged at him talking about lynching him at sunrise FOR WHAT?

ok think about this rationally. it's SHTF. you don't know who is out side. you don't know if they are legit needing help (where they should NOT have been in the first place) or trying to get him to come out for nefarious reasons.

he says a man was trying to get him to come out and when he wouldn't come out was trying to break in.

Thinking with MY mind... if I am in a situation and I am unsure I need to protect myself and my family first.

if I am armed and alone in a house I may take a chance depending on my gut feeling.

if I am unarmed or have others I need to think about... sorry pal take a hike. I wish you luck.

I think any of us in that situation would have a firearm in our hands or at least on our hip. Being in NJ he was probably unarmed and just being cautious.

it sucks the kids died but its not this mans fault.

7. BradXDM45c

BradXDM45c XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

100%

I couldn't imagine the pain of losing one, or both of my two sons

8. Bonehead

Bonehead XDTalk 15K Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0

and people will blame the guy in the house with an emotional irrational rage.

the mother took a gamble on being out after they said not to and she lost.

9. yocan

yocan XDTalk 10K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 1
    i agree with this being unarmed i wouldn't open the door for anyone over 120 lbs or without clear line of suight to make sure no one else is going to roll through.

I've had a 14 year old attempt to get me to open the door with 5 ogres hiding out of sight on my portch before..

10. HowardMan

HowardMan XDTalk 4K Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0

i agree. its awful that the kids died but it wasnt the homeowners fault. by keeping the door shut he was just protecting himself.

11. KentB

KentB XDTalk 5K Member

Ratings:
    +240 / 15
    Agree with your thoughts.
    I would place blame on the mother for this terrible tragedy before the home owner.
    I am not sure if I would place my life on the line and risk placing my family at risk of losing their provider for a stranger’s poor judgment.
    Certainly am not going to judge the man for his decision.

12. shootinnc1988

shootinnc1988 XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i think the man that owns the house is just trying to covver his rear by lying and saying there was a man outside his door. id hate to have that on my mind that i turned away a mother with 2 small children, and it costed 2 lives to be lost. he needs to burn for it.

13. BradXDM45c

BradXDM45c XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Put yourself in his shoes. To some this is a "SHTF" situation.

Your door gonna be wide open in a "SHTF" situation????

14. yocan

yocan XDTalk 10K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 1
    have you ever had a girl try to get you to open your door to be a victim of a home invasion? do you own guns? if your answers are #1 no and #2 yes you can't even begin to speculate.

You don't live ina place without guns.

You can't fathom a home invasion begun by a woman getting you to pop the lock.

15. WesternHaikus1

WesternHaikus1 XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If protecting your kids is your priority (as it should be) she should have evacuated LONG before flood waters were rushing in. Truth hurts, but if you're going to point fingers its got to be at the mother.