Springfield XD Forum banner

NPAP buttstock

10K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  Akrunner 
#1 ·
I recently was able to pickup a new Gen 2 NPAP and decided that while the furniture was probably the nicest that I have ever had on an AK, I didn't particularly care for the comb on the stock. While it would probably be great if using some type of optic, it was just too low for my taste to comfortably use the irons.

So, tonight I ordered a DPH skeleton stock, Ace folder and Yugo mount adapter from Canis Design for it.

Anyone else running that setup or something else besides the factory furniture?

#3 ·
I ordered a pad too, but forgot to mention it.

Aside from being cold, do you like it better than the wood stock?

I've only seen one picture of a DPH skeleton and I liked the way it looked, though I haven't seen any photos from the side with it being folded.

My Rommy has a strikeforce folder with a magpul stock and I like it a lot and was why I was wanting to go with another folder on this one too. It's really handy, though if the ace folder isn't very tight, I'm sure that I'll eliminate the folder portion and affix it directly to the gun, though I don't recall ever hearing any complaints about the ACE hinge being wiggly.

#4 ·
I really like the way the stock looks and feels.

Just happened to find both the adapter and stock locally on a trade group. Got a great deal on them.

Not a Yugo, but I did just install a Canis Design on a x39 Vepr 02. Quality stuff. I need to do a little more fitting to take out the gap, but it works great.

#5 ·
^ Great stuff.

I like the way both of them look. I was kind of torn between the AR adapter and the skeleton.

I do like the fact that the Canis allows the use of receiver extensions, that would let a sling loop be added, and plus it's a metal tube and mount, unlike the tapco which is obviously plastic. While plastic is OK for the most part, I prefer metal over plastic for that.

But the main reason why I went with the skeleton is I had an AR style on my other AK, so I wanted something different on this one, and I'll be honest, I think it looks a lot better than the round style ace skeleton and many of the other styles too and I think it looks very natural on there.

I was thinking about what you said about the skeleton being cold. I may end up doing an OD Green paracord wrap. That would probably take some of the chill out of it, and perhaps a little padding to the cheek bone as well.

Being aluminum, wouldn't hurt anything if the cordage got wet and laid on it.

I had spoken with ironwood design about maybe getting an M76 stock (which I also liked really well), but he said he wouldn't really be able to match the wood type, which would have caused the new stock to stain very differently from the OEM handguards, and I wanted a good match, so with that off of the table, I went with the DPH.

#7 ·
I hadn't noticed that, but after you mentioned it, I looked at the pics of them and you're right.

So I ordered a cheap qd stud this evening and I have an old green SKS sling around here somewhere that I can use on it. I also found a roll of OD Green paracord so I won't have to buy any more of it either.

#8 ·
I got the stock and the ace folder in yesterdays mail. I like it a lot.

I put the QD sling stud on it and gave it a few wraps with some OD paracord.

Just waiting for the gun now, but I won't get it until Christmas.

The Canis Design Yugo mount is supposed to be delivered tomorrow.

Reactions: Minkman555
#10 ·
The ace folding mechanism is stiff as heck. I'm not sure how well it is going to work out.

I've used several of their AR skeletons over the years, even before they sold to Doublestar. I still like them very well.

#12 ·
Got the gun and the stock in one piece today. :)

I didn't really care for the Ace folding mechanism, so I'm using the DPH stock on a fixed CANIS mount.

I also modded an MI clone scope mount despite the Bushnell TRS-25 delivery being delayed, I added a CNC Warrior 14-1 LH to 1/2-28 RH thread adapter, and my first Form 1 suppressor.

I am also in the midst of staining the handguards red and putting a few coats of Minwax satin on it, though it may take a few days to complete that project.

#14 ·
I had a quick question. On the Krebs and Canis adapters they are secured from a bolt on the inside of the receiver. Is the supplied bolt threaded in the opposite direction? How does that work with the threading in the trunnion?

#15 · (Edited)
On the Canis adapter, the bolt goes through the inside rear of the receiver into the adapter. It is quite strong and adequate.

#19 ·
With my N-PAP I couldn't get my check rested correctly on the butt stock I would have to turn my Head almost sideways to mount the rifle. It just didn't feel right to me also. I have always had the Warsaw style butt stocks on my past AK rifles maybe I just got used to them. Hoping that Century Arms this fall puts out the Warsaw butt stock for the N-PAP rifle.
Gun Firearm Trigger Assault rifle Rifle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.