Not Just Another Holster Thread

Discussion in 'XD-S Discussion Room' started by OldTimer, Jan 13, 2013.

1. OldTimer

OldTimer XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The reason for starting yet another holster thread is that I am on the hunt for a better IWB holster than I already have. I've always used leather w/metal clip and a good gun belt. I have a Down Under now and am somewhat pleased with it. Didn't make that mythical 100% yet!

Ideally this thread will discuss the "Different Styles" of IWB holsters for the XDS or it's equivalent in size and weight. Holster makers need not necessarily be discussed since there are already many threads on that. I would like to hear about the pros and cons of your experiences with the different styles. Things of interest may be the ease or not of getting them on and off, getting the snaps opened and closed, oriented snaps, non-oriented snaps, single loop, double loops, loop location, single metal clips, double metal clips, hybrid or any other combinations you can think of. Keep in mind those of use who have a waist and some do not ( like me ).

2. WillP

WillP XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I really appreciate the quality, size, weight and thinness on my PJHolster. It's like you're concealing just the gun with a clip on it... I first purchased a Harwell holster (crossbreed type) and have not used it since I got my PJ. Here's a few pics....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. boater1217

boater1217 XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Has anyone found a paddle holster that will hold the XDs with a CT laser?

4. m3mh0g

m3mh0g XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I like the hybrid style holsters for my XDs. To me it's the best of both worlds.
    $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358115310.386751.jpg

5. CarlXds

CarlXds XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The style of IWB holster I like is no clip - Remora in particular. It stays in place by friction. You can put it at any depth, cant, or position you want (I carry 12 to 1:30). You don't need an expensive gun belt. On and off is instantaneous. Easy to adjust on the fly. After spending a small fortune on three dozen holsters over the years, I use the Remora.

6. jhc37013

jhc37013 XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    +1

The Remora is great I just got one for my XDs but I've carried my Glock 30sf in one for some time and it is very comfortable and secure.

7. KyXDS

KyXDS XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

I ordered one from Crossbreed 2 days ago, they have them.

8. weeds

weeds XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    i have a remora for my p3at and my LC9 and really like them. i carried my xds in my LC9 remora and it just didnt work out well the xds seemed to heavy it shifted a lot i mean it worked but not as well as the other lighter guns above. also i really didn't like having to re-holster it was difficult with the xds, i could re-holster just fine with the other two guns. i since ordered a hi bred from a company and it suits me fine, however i hate the metal clips the keep snagging on furniture and chairs.... i have another hi bred from a different manufacture with kydex clips and they work just fine... i may switch them out or just buy a set of kydex clips for this new holster.

9. CarlXds

CarlXds XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I carry my Glock models 33, 32, and 30 - all much heavier than an XDS - in Remoras and don't have a shifting problem - is your belt too loose? I also carry in front, so that may make the difference.

10. weeds

weeds XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    i think it is the front carry that makes a difference i carry about 3:30-4.... dont get me wrong i sure aint knocking remora.... we have a show dealer that actually gave me 3 to take home and see which worked out better he said i could bring the ones i didnt want back at the next show....

11. benjiboy

benjiboy XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm glad this thread was started....I've been lurking for awhile looking for good holsters. I want to go IWB and am the type of person that really needs to have or touch something to get a good understanding of what features I need to be looking for. This will hopefully uncover all of those things without having to buy 10 different holsters!

From what I have read the crossbreed style (with two clips) seems most secure and easiest to draw from. The other types with one clip or no clips (such as remoras) seem to be very insecure and would move around a lot.

Which type of holster is the most concealable and would print the least?

12. DJM_22

DJM_22 XDTalk 2K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    For what it is worth I am a fan of the Comp-Tac Minotaur MTAC IWB.

13. jhaddon84015

jhaddon84015 XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have the Comp-Tac Minotaur MTAC, and so far I love it. It conceals well, with just a tee shirt on, you can't tell that I'm carrying. It is very comfortable, a little bit a pain in the butt to put on, but I'm getting used to it. I like that it is modular, and tension is adjustable as well.

14. pattont

pattont XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have the N82 Pro on order. The biggest reason I didn't order the PJHolster is that it doesn't cover the grip. The grip on the gun is what eats me up the most when carrying at 3-4ish IWB. I haven't gotten it yet, but I was just notified that it shipped. Posting pictures when I get it.

15. jp0319

jp0319 XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I ordered an Alabama holster IWB holster and mag carrier with the tuck able hook. waiting on them and my slide to come in hopefully this week.

JP