Springfield XD Forum banner

Not a lot of 357 sig pistols out there

4K views 54 replies 19 participants last post by  bunk22 
#1 ·
I'm looking around for a new 357 sig pistol. I'm having a hard time making up my mind. I'm leaning towards a G32 or compact p320. I could go more interesting and get a Steyr or fancy and get a legion. But, if you were wanting a new 357 sig, which pistol would you get? Keep price in mind.

#3 ·
I ended up with a Barsto barrel for my XD-M 5.25. I shoot the .357sigmore than the factory .40. Very accurate and the size dampens the snap of the .357. Even with the Barsto, it was still a good deal.

Although I am looking at the Sig 1911 in .357 sig.....

Bowser

#15 ·
I've got a Wolf .357 Sig conversion barrel for my G23. Shoots POA/POI. Loves 125gr Gold Dots too. Great round. I bought the barrel to see if I liked the round. I do. :)

#18 ·
This was my first foray into Glocks. I swapped all 3 to smooth faced triggers on Dev's advice. I like the Glocks for what they are. I'd take an H&K over it any day of the week if price weren't an issue but my needs are probably a little different. Wanted something smaller than my P229 to summer carry that I could qualify and use as a back up. Sadly H&K's aren't on our carry list.
Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Gun barrel

#21 ·
I have a Glock 32, P229 and a Steyr in 357sig. After getting the 32 I never shoot the 19 but to be honest the Steyr has me shooting the 32 less and less but if I had to pick one the P229 would always win.

#22 ·
I'm not sure if they still do but the Secret Service guys used to carry 357 Sig rounds, very effective rounds. 1400 fps and 500 lbs of energy is no joke in a 125 gr hollow point.

#29 ·
There is also a conversion barrel available for the HK VP40 - just another thought to throw out there. My plan is to buy a VP40 and eventually order the .357SIG barrel for it.

Reactions: JoeOU1
#33 ·
Yes. My 229 is in 40 and I've run plenty of 357 Sig through it, just swap the barrel.

And BarSto makes a barrel that will let you run 9 through the same gun, just buy new mags.

My 229 shoots 3 calibers out of the same gun.

Reactions: p.carter31
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.