Norinco MAK-90 / AK-47 - Value?

Discussion in 'Non-XD Handguns' started by jkw_XD, Jun 23, 2008.

1. jkw_XD

jkw_XD XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What would be a good asking price for this gun? It is in fair to good condition. Wooden thumb hole stock. Any PROS or CONS?

2. einheit 13

einheit 13 XDTalk 5K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    Depends on who made it, what year it is, who imported it, calibre, and receiver type.
    $350-$450 for a 'run of the mill' MAK-90.

receiver types:
    [​IMG]

3. jkw_XD

jkw_XD XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is it worth the money? Do you have any pros / cons versus an AR-15 or similar? (other than just the price)

I am not sure of the details as of yet. Any specifics I should look for - markings, etc..??

Thanks for the previous info as well.

4. einheit 13

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    its not in the same league as the AR, the AK was designed as a weapon to place rounds down range, reliably, regardless of condition. Pretty much a sub machine gun with a bigger punch. The AR is first and foremost a rifle, period.

The Chinese AK is one of the best produced. Yes it is worth the money, and some are highly collectible, but lots of people look at it as just more Chinese/commie junk. Search MAK-90s or Chinese AKs on google....

5. billbrasky

billbrasky XDTalk 5K Member

Ratings:
    +81 / 0
    yeah norinco gets a bad rap from lots of folks who havent shot one or dont own one, i only have one nornco sks i love it dearly for what it is. I hear lots of fans of norinco 1911's especially folks that bought them long ago for dirt cheap. Thats a good gun, i am gonna buy or build a FN fal but if you were local to me and offered that mak 90 for $350 i would buy it no problem. I am an AK novice, but i think there was something special i forget what feature .... i have read so much on AK's in the last few months i have them all jumbled up. I am sure einheit knows. Something uncommon about the early mak 90s?

Crap thats it, some were milled not stamped recievers. I think... Anyways why do you even want to sell it lol? Thats the real question. Keep it and stock pile ammo. If its a milled one we might have to figure out some way to send it to detroit. i hear it calling me.

crap again its of course in einheits diagram.(the milled versus stamped)

6. einheit 13

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    Chinese stamped guns also have a little thicker receivers, thats why Chinese furniture usually fits loose on other countries guns. Its also about the best true clone money can buy and closest to a Russian as you will get without big $$$

7. Tercel89

Tercel89 XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Me , my brother and my Friend have one and they will feed anything you put in them . The MAK-90 is a bad-ass rifle! I highly recomend it . my brother shot his first deer (8 pointer) with his MAK-90 :) I want another one , but here they are going for about $500-$600 :(