No Trigger Reset XD9

Discussion in 'General SA-XD/XD(M) Talk' started by jpaudet, Dec 20, 2008.

1. jpaudet

jpaudet XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I recently put a Powder River trigger kit in which went very well except now if I don't get off the trigger fast enough, the trigger does not reset when the slide cycles. If I jiggle the gun or if I work the slide with my finger off the trigger then it will reset and I can get the next shot off. I shoot some indoor competition and it sure hurts the time when you have to work the slide. Any suggestions?

2. HTOWN stunna

HTOWN stunna XDTalk 2K Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    you have some fitting to do, the lack of reset is due too much metal on the tab that hooks the trigger bar

3. ThumperMX113

ThumperMX113 XDTalk 3K Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    It needs to be fitted. Does the frame flex when you pull the trigger?

4. jpaudet

jpaudet XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    In answer to your question, I can't see the frame twist but the trigger bar does torque slightly when it hits the overtravel stop. The safety lever that I installed does not seem to be binding so I'm not sure what parts need to be fit further. I ran 90 bullets through the gun Friday while shooting 6 stages in comp. It was only in the first stage that the gun acted up. However I can make the gun do it every time by keeping my finger on the trigger when I cycle it resulting in no tension on the trigger (no reset). The RO who also has done a trigger job on his XD (different kit), thought that I might have to increase spring tension. At this point I don't understand what's causing the problem which makes it difficult to fix. Thanks for the input!

5. fortinbras

fortinbras XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    In the process of installing my trigger kit I ran into this problem... well, this stage at the bench. In my case, as someone else mentioned, you need to further fit the trigger bar. In addition, I highly recommend that you polish the contact surfaces. This greatly improved the feel of the trigger when I was done. So you don't have to go back and forth to the range, just test the reset by cycling your slide by hand.

Good luck.

6. Roger Shambaugh

Roger Shambaugh XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I had the same problem. I had to pull out the Striker Safety lever amd carefully file on the rear of the protrusion on the right side, near the bottom of the lever. At Daniel's suggestion, instead of just filing flat against the rear of the protrusion (trigger bar hook?) I also filed a slight bevel between the rear and bottom faces of the hook.

Before you do anything, though, I'd recommend that you call Daniel at Powder River Precision; he'll talk you through what you need to do.

Good luck,

7. jpaudet

jpaudet XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I talked to Daniel at Powder River to verify the area that I needed to fit. After some filing on the back of the protrusion I was able to get a reset every time. Thanks to all for the quick and accurate information.
    Jeff