Springfield XD Forum banner

Newbie!!! XD 40 Sub Compact Accessories???

26K views 31 replies 26 participants last post by  Springer40 
#1 ·
Whats Up XD World???? I just bought a new XD 40 Subcompact and Im wondering what accessories (light, laser) any other XD sc users might have and or prefer on their XD's.... Thanks Ladies n Gents...

#9 ·
Welcome to the forums!
The sc is pretty much an awesome pistol as is. Pick up a Pearce pinky extension, GOOD belt, GOOD holster, and rock on :cool:
Save money for ammo:D

IMHO

#10 ·
Good holster, purpose-built gun belt, TFO night sights, and spend everything else on ammo.

#12 ·
I am also new to the forum and have the XDm .40 compact 3.8". This is my first pistol purchase, got it on 3/10 and I love it. I will use for C&C and home protection. So, do I go with a light or a Crimson Trace for an accessory or night sights, mix, what? Trying to figure out which setup is best? I plan on getting a good holster, etc but am really torn on the most useful setup. Thoughts?

#13 ·
I am also new to the forum and have the XDm .40 compact 3.8". This is my first pistol purchase, got it on 3/10 and I love it. I will use for C&C and home protection. So, do I go with a light or a Crimson Trace for an accessory or night sights, mix, what? Trying to figure out which setup is best? I plan on getting a good holster, etc but am really torn on the most useful setup. Thoughts?
You should start your own thread. Hijacking someones thread is not nice.

#15 ·
I just installed a set of Extreme grips for my XD9sc and it completely changed the way the gun felt in my hands. I love it and it was the best $20 I spent on my guns.

X-Terme Grips, XD Sub Compact

#16 ·
Crimson Trace laser (on the rail, not the Grip): I am a fan of lasers < -- No this does Not mean you should rely on them.. most of the time I cover mine with a piece of tape while I am practice shooting

PRP Drop In Trigger: I just put one on my XDSC 40 - of course I debated for weeks whether I should or not... Great decision, wish I would have done it earlier, Easy to install (make sure you watch the XD video not the XDM one)

Ammo, more ammo

Holster - You'll get tons of answers here (Crossbreed Super Tuck is famous on here) However, if you do get a Laser on your pistol (depending on which one) most of your regular holsters will not work, but Crossbreed and other companies make holsters to fit the Crimson Trace lasers

#17 ·
#22 ·
I bought a few extra 9-round mags and put the Pearce grip extensions on all of them, they make a world of difference. I also have a Blackhawk SERPA concealment holster (OWB) that I have been happy with so far. Once I get back to having some disposable income, more toys will be in my future.

#23 ·
The best 2 accessories you can buy for your new gun is ammo and range time. Practice, practice, practice!!!

That being said, after 500 rounds through my XD9SC, I installed:
Truglo TFOs
Paccy slip-on grip
Pearce +1 mag extension
PRP Ultimate trigger kit

Perfection made more perfect!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.