New (to me) XD9sc

Discussion in 'SA-XD/XD(M) Range Reports' started by Pokerstar, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Pokerstar

Pokerstar XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I picked up a lightly used XD9sub compact earlier this week and got to the range today to test it out. All I can say is.....

HOLY CR@%!!! What a fantastic shooter! The felt recoil was MUCH lighter than I expected, it was very very comfortable in my hand, and I am now in love! :)

I only was able to put 125 rounds through the pistol, using both of the mags, and (as expected) it fed and ejected flawlessly. I used 3 different types of ammo (WW white box, Federal, and Remington UMC) and no issues what-so-ever. (The federal seemed to be a hotter load, but w/out a chronograph that is conjecture).

The short mag left my pinky hanging and I think I will grab one of the pierce extensions and see how I like that!

Next range session will be to put another 200 rounds through it w/ out cleaning from this session, then I will test it out with my self defense / carry load. Once this happens, it will be my new carry piece!

Now, to decide on which holster!

2. Pokerstar

Pokerstar XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I picked up a lightly used XD9sub compact earlier this week and got to the range today to test it out. All I can say is.....

HOLY CR@%!!! What a fantastic shooter! The felt recoil was MUCH lighter than I expected, it was very very comfortable in my hand, and I am now in love! :)

I only was able to put 125 rounds through the pistol, using both of the mags, and (as expected) it fed and ejected flawlessly. I used 3 different types of ammo (WW white box, Federal, and Remington UMC) and no issues what-so-ever. (The federal seemed to be a hotter load, but w/out a chronograph that is conjecture).

The short mag left my pinky hanging and I think I will grab one of the pierce extensions and see how I like that!

Next range session will be to put another 200 rounds through it w/ out cleaning from this session, then I will test it out with my self defense / carry load. Once this happens, it will be my new carry piece!

Now, to decide on which holster!

3. johnson0317

johnson0317 XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Glad to hear you like it so much. Just keep in mind that adding extensions causes the concealability factor to diminish. That gun should still conceal very well, but not as admirably as it did without the extensions.

A holster? Get ready for a plethora of advice. Go down to the forum sponsor section and check out the different sponsors and what they have to offer. Everyone has their favorite, and they will swear by it. My only suggestion is that you make sure the holster is reinforced in some manner so that you can re holster your weapon without dropping your pants to do it. I use a Crossbreed Supertuck and my next order will also be from them. I have several others, but none that work quite as well for me.

RJ

4. Pokerstar

Pokerstar XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks, I have an inexpensive Uncle Mikes that will also fit several of my other pistols, but I will look at the Supertuck, as I have heard great things about them. Thanks!

5. tenchu74

tenchu74 XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    good job.

6. tenchu74

tenchu74 XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    good luck