New Range in Norther Virginia

Discussion in 'XDTalk Chatter Box' started by Hawflake, Dec 25, 2008.

1. Hawflake

Hawflake XDTalk 100 Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Whatever you thought about country clubs and the rich people that are members there, Silver Eagle Group is the Country Club of gun ranges! I went for a free tour this past Sunday and the place is NICE! But unfortunately, also expensive as *$%&! I will be honest, I make a decent living and go to the NRA HQ Range here a few times a month for fun, but the membership at Silver Eagle is mind-boggling.
    If you want to be a Founder's Club member, I heard it's a $50K one-time initiation fee PLUS $350 monthly due!

It is located in Ashburn, VA, about 30 miles west of DC.

Silver Eagle Group

2. vafish

vafish XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I looked at their web site once a few months ago, I saw that if you got their premier membership your gift was a loaded Springfield 1911.

I figured if I couldn't afford to buy the gun in the first place I probably couldn't afford the membership to the range.

I wish them a lot of luck, but I don't think there is a market for a range like that.

3. StewieGriffin

StewieGriffin XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think there is a market for that kind of gun range here in Northern Va. It's just the target group is VERY VERY small. I hope they make out though, but I'm happy with the NRA range and the 223 acres of private property we have.

4. AdventureMan83

AdventureMan83 XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sounds nice, but agreed. Sounds expensive:(

5. ChevyMan45

ChevyMan45 XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    i want to see a place like that without the price tag and west of the "nova" area so i can use!

6. Hawflake

Hawflake XDTalk 100 Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    That's my thinking as well. The DC/NoVa area is loaded with affluent people but it still takes quite a bit of love for guns and bank account to plunk down that kind of cash to be a member. Heck, you can get an annual pass at the NRA range for Silver Eagle's monthly due. On the other hand, they may get a lot of clients in the ways of law enforcement and military because the setup of their facility.

With local competition such as Blue Ridge Arsenal, NRA Range, and Gilbert's Indoor Range, I just can't find any incentives to go there myself, but I do wish them a lot of luck succeeding.

7. cooks128

cooks128 XDTalk 4K Member Founding Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0
    They are catering to all the incoming Dems taking office so they have a private club to shoot while oppressing our rights as citizens....

I can see Obama shooting his personalized Kimber 1911 and personalized Bushmaster pistol/rifle founders members gifts.