Springfield XD Forum banner

New N-PAP

4K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  breakingcontact 
#1 ·
So I decided to get another in the stable. My previous was a CAI WASR-10 and although I heard a lot of complaints on them mine was okay. The sights were not canted and there was very faint mag wobble.

Anyways I decided to give this N-PAP a try from Buds. I like the look of the laminated wood and I've read several positive reviews. It looks like they now ship with a double stack bolt where as the earlier models had singles from what I heard. Anyone on here have one of these? If so how do you like it?

Here's a stock picture. Should have the rifle sometime next week. Looking at stocking up on some zinc plated/cased Silver Bear ammo.

See less See more
#3 ·
As an FFL I have sold several to satisfied customers.
Nice. The only downfall I've heard of is the barrel is not chrome lined and therefore must be cleaned frequently (which isn't a problem as I am OCD and I rarely shoot corrosive ammo).

Still trying to figure out if the receiver is 1.0mm or 1.5mm thick?

#4 ·
Nice. The only downfall I've heard of is the barrel is not chrome lined and therefore must be cleaned frequently (which isn't a problem as I am OCD and I rarely shoot corrosive ammo).

Still trying to figure out if the receiver is 1.0mm or 1.5mm thick?
Various Models of Zastava M70

Gen 1 . . . . . PAP . . . . . . . . RI 1987-N
1.5mm Receiver, Single Stack Bulged Trunnion, Single Stack Bolt, Dust Cover Optics Rail, New Furniture

Gen 2 . . . . . N-PAP . . . . . . RI 2085-N . . . . . . RI 2174-N (Underfolder / No Optics Rail)
1.0mm Receiver, Double Stack Standard Trunnion, Double Stack Bolt, Side Optics Rail, New Furniture

NOTE: Early production N-PAPs had a Single Stack Bolt

Gen 3 . . . . . O-PAP . . . . . . RI 2090-N
1.5mm Receiver, Double Stack Bulged Trunnion, Double Stack B

#5 ·
Thanks. Well apparently I have to purchase this from my LGS as Buds will not ship semi automatic rifles to residents of Cook County.

Our laws here are so retarded. State Law has no restrictions but then Cook County has a ban on them unless you live in a town where they consider "Home Rule" which in my city they allow them.

I think next spring I will ask for a transfer and it's time to leave. So tired of putting up with the liberals and the bullshit up here.

End rant.

#6 ·
Thanks. Well apparently I have to purchase this from my LGS as Buds will not ship semi automatic rifles to residents of Cook County.

Our laws here are so retarded. State Law has no restrictions but then Cook County has a ban on them unless you live in a town where they consider "Home Rule" which in my city they allow them.

I think next spring I will ask for a transfer and it's time to leave. So tired of putting up with the liberals and the bullshit up here.

End rant.

From a fellow Cook County resident, I feel your pain..

The 2nd Amendment - America's Original Homeland Security

#7 ·

End rant.
Left Illinois. Live in Texas. Haven't been back since.

Move here. Vote right.

Regarding that gun, not sure if you've handled them by they have near Arsenal level fit and finish (sorry fanboys).

Enjoy.

#8 ·
Congrats on joining the npap family....I love mine and would choose it over any the other 19 guns in my collection.

Sucks you are cook county...luckily I live in Kane

#14 ·
AK recoil is very weak for me...When I shoot a 5.56 it feels like nothing...its all about preference

#17 ·
Honestly they both do about the same. Modern AR platforms are just as accurate as any AK. The Ar can be a bit more accurate, but the AK is cheaper to shoot generally.
Pick which one is most comfortable to handle and manipulate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.