Springfield XD Forum banner

New Benelli m2 "3 gun"

9K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  Tinman931 
#1 ·
Just picked this baby up about a week ago and got a chance to blast about 100 rounds today. Ran some birdshot, 00 buck, slugs, and some 3" loads.

I was a bit apprehensive about spending upward of $2500 for a shotgun, but this baby shoots like a dream with all kinds of loads. Its from the Benelli performance shop and I believe the work is done by Benny Hill.

It comes with the standard magazine cap and spring, also the Nordic extension, which of course I had to put on and holds 8+1 of the 2 3/4. Speed loading is easy and the comfortech stock does make a difference.

I'm getting into 3 gun and my conclusion after today is that this shotgun is well worth the price. This is replacing my 930SPX

See less See more
#5 ·
I really want to get a M2 from accurate irons.

So if I'm right the differences are charging handle, welded lifter, ground and smoothed out receiver, nordic mag tube?

#8 ·
Where did you find one? I've been looking and they're nowhere. I realize they're very limited... but come on.
I got it from Able Ammo, but I see they dont even have it listed any more.

Even tho its inertia driven, the thing cycles low brass loads without a hiccup, even while laying prone and not having it shouldered well.

#9 ·
I got it from Able Ammo, but I see they dont even have it listed any more.

Even tho its inertia driven, the thing cycles low brass loads without a hiccup, even while laying prone and not having it shouldered well.
Benelli says don't use anything lighter than a 3 dram 1-1/8oz load in their inertia guns, but plenty of folks out there load and shoot 1oz loads with no problem.

The lightest load I've used since I don't reload 12ga is the cheap stuff (win or fed) from wallyworld which is 3 dr.eq. 1-1/8oz. Zero problems so far.

#10 ·
I really want an M2 but don't think I could afford the $2500 price tag. What about buying an M2 Field for like $1200 and throwing on a tube extension, some sights, and a couple other goodies? Think you could save $500 without too much loss of quality?

#12 ·
I'd look for a used M1S90 for around $600 or so...plenty of them out there.
That's a good idea, but I kinda have my heart set on something new.

Did a little shopping just now and I can get the extension, sights, and charging handle for less than $150, and I pry wouldn't get the handle anyway. So if I get the M2 field for $1100-$1200 I could potentially save $1150-$1250. It wouldn't have the welded lifter or bored-out receiver though. Then again, am I willing to pay $1150 for that?

#14 ·
ive been running 3 gun with this shotgun for 6 months. Runs perfect. Cant complain one bit, but for the 2600 price tag, I shouldnt have to complain. the gun runs so smooth. there are times when I wish I saved myself 2k and bought a mossberg jm pro, but I've seen them fail a lot in 3 gun, which actually makes me smile that my money is well spent. I love the simplicity of the benelli and again...it runs sooooo smooth.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.