Springfield XD Forum banner

New addition to the family !!!!!

8K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  MaverickSix 
#1 ·
Well I added a M24 SWS to the family today. I know...I know... I could have built a better shooting rifle for far less money.

I bit on Remingtons M24 rebuild program and after 5 months waiting it arrived today.

So what do you gents think, should I shoot it or keep it as a collectable?

See less See more
#3 ·
If you are not going to shoot it just pack it up tie a ribbon around it and mail that damn thing to me!!!!

#7 ·
Been thinking about the "Not Shooting" thing. I have a project on that we have been building as a commemorative rifle. A very close friend who was a USMC scout sniper that was killed. Anyway his son, out of respect and honor for his father joined the Marines and is now in MARSOC. Well, to make a long story short, we have been building a M40A3 like his dad shot and have for the last couple years been trying to find someone who is willing to do a custom air brush job on the stock.

Not sure if this is something that you maybe interested in but here is a website of a group of guys that we are going with.

Dimensions By Holmes
Home | Kustom Gun Stock Air Brush Painting

#9 ·
Seems your one of the first ones to take delivery, congrats!
My general concern with the M24R is that the main parts (receiver/barrel/trigger) have all been replaced with new. Still great parts, but from a collectible side does that hurt the value and desire people will have for it?

What kind of engravings do the action and barrel have? Which scope is that? What other accessories did it come with?
Would love to see more detailed photos.

Found out about the M24R deal a little bit ago but haven't seen solid details on it. A lot of $ for me to spend on uncertainty. .

Matt

#12 ·
It is engraved with Remington M24 on action, 7.62 NATO on barrel. I believe it was only the 34th one they completed. The deployment kit had replacement lens covers, spair bolt / firing pin / spring and numerous other parts. The scope is the original Leupold scope for the M24. Cases are marked M24 Sniper Weapon System.

#13 ·
Since I submitted my M24R packet I've been watching this thread for updates from anyone else. I finally received my M24R SWS this weekend after 6-months of waiting. No notifications, just a credit card charge and a call from my FFL. Awesome looking gun. Stock, scope, bipod, and case are all original with camo paint, wear/tear marks, and arms room butt number markings. There is even some old 100mph tape left on the stock.

#21 ·
Wow. 1 of approximately 230 for $3,500. That's a pretty aggressive price for a burned out .308. Cool to have a historic rifle that's seen the battlefield, but seems like kind of a high price point to me.

Congrats just the same. If I had that kind of money to burn (and they reached Tier 5) I'd probably pick one up. Lol

Sent from my tactical telecommunication device using Tapatalk

#22 ·
CopNa454Sierra, I agree that it is expensive for a used rifle when I could have easily purchased something cheaper. However, the historic context is what sold me. I wish I could have just brought home my M4 or M9. Hopefully time will tell in 20-30 years if this was a good investment and battlefield collectable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.