NEW" 4" barrel Springfield XDS....

Discussion in 'XD-S Discussion Room' started by Nakanokalronin, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Nakanokalronin

Nakanokalronin XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I didn't see a post here about this, but I also didn't search. 4" XDS coming soon...sorry, that's all I know.

[​IMG]

2. cYm

cYm XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There's a few guys who beat you to it.

3. FOURDOGS

FOURDOGS XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    not real sure why they are doing this, I already have the 4" in a double stack if i wanted to carry a larger gun i would have just carried it and have more rounds.

4. Demianu27

Demianu27 XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    You didn't look very hard :p

They're calling it the XDS 4.0

5. Prine

Prine XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I really don't see the point in it. The benefit of the xds is it's small size

6. Wisconman

Wisconman XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Actually, I think the XDS 4.0 makes some sense. The 4 inch barrel will provide better ballistics than the current 3.3 inch barrel, and adding a bit of barrel length does not really increase problems in carrying concealed. At the same time, it retains the slim profile (under 1 inch) of the current single stack XDS which does contribute to ease of carry, especially inside the waistband (IWB), in direct contrast to the more awkward double stack XD and XDM compacts (I have both to compare) which are currently the only available 4 inch barrel Springfields. The XDS 4.0 is likely to be a very popular seller in my opinion.

7. Sgood1971

Sgood1971 XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree, used to carry a double stack and it was nice but thickness and height cause printing more than barrel length imho. Love my 3.3 but I would really want to drop the 4.0 in my holster and pull a shirt down over it before passing judgement on it. I would love the almost 3/4" of extra barrel for accuracy and fps reasons.

Pretty sure, it's going to go on my gotta have list. :)

8. Bigeclipse

Bigeclipse XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is true but at the same time...NOT REALLY. .7 inch of barrel will only add 75 FPS at most in speed and hardly noticeable for accuracy. Accuracy comes from the shooter. My buddy has an M&P 45 compact and I have the fullsize 5inch barrel. We tried a few different loads and on average see a 100ish(or less) fps change and that is a FULL 1inch barrel difference. As far as accuracy, yes the farther the rear sites are from the front, the "easier" it is to shoot more accurately BUT .7inches hardly makes a difference. You really notice a difference going from sub compact to FULL size OR even more so going from a snub nose to a 7 inch revolver. I think in this case, the extra .7inches is more negative compared to what is gained. IWB, pocket, and appendix carry will all suffer maybe not greatly but they will (especially when sitting and the weight goes up) BUT velocity and accuracy will hardly improve. These pistols are for ultimate concealment while still packing a punch. Of course this pistol WILL sell and the "pissing" contests will start about how much faster they shoot but in reality it is moot and is hurting why these pistols were designed in the first place, to be very concealable while packing more of a punch than a 380. The bad guy will not know the difference between the 3.3 or 4.0...just like a deer will not know the difference between a .270 or a 3006.

9. Sgood1971

Sgood1971 XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think the .7" will have a noticeable improvement on sight radius. The FPS gains will not be noticed so much, but they will be there. As for concealing, it will still conceal well and for the people who do not think it will fit them, the 3.3 will still be an option.

Different people have different needs and tastes, so more options are never a bad thing and people will have pissing contests about who has the biggest big toe, it's the nature of us.

10. bashman

bashman XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Didn't look too hard, did ya? That pic looks familiar.

11. Bigeclipse

Bigeclipse XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You are right that more options are always a plus haha. As for sight picture, I guess it can make a difference for some people but .7 inches really is not that much. It is more so in the type of trigger/gun that makes a difference for people. Some shoot single double action far better than striker fired and so on. I can shoot an M&P 45compact just as well as a fullsize...unless we are talking about FAST rapidfire shooting where the larger fullsize will give less recoil. HICKOK45 on Youtube demonstrates small does not mean inaccurate. He shoots targets with LCPs and such at 50+ yards...some targets are 80 yards. It is all in trigger control and type of gun being shot. YES I am going extreme here talking about the LCP...of course for MOST of us a fullsize will be more accurate than the LCP but I was just giving an example and think the .7inches will not be that noticeable. Maybe the slide length and weight might aid in quick followup shots.

12. Bigeclipse

Bigeclipse XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You are right that more options are always a plus haha. As for sight picture, I guess it can make a difference for some people but .7 inches really is not that much. It is more so in the type of trigger/gun that makes a difference for people. Some shoot single double action far better than striker fired and so on. I can shoot an M&P 45compact just as well as a fullsize...unless we are talking about FAST rapidfire shooting where the larger fullsize will give less recoil. HICKOK45 on Youtube demonstrates small does not mean inaccurate. He shoots targets with LCPs and such at 50+ yards...some targets are 80 yards. It is all in trigger control and type of gun being shot. YES I am going extreme here talking about the LCP...of course for MOST of us a fullsize will be more accurate than the LCP but I was just giving an example and think the .7inches will not be that noticeable. Maybe the slide length and weight might aid in quick followup shots.

13. Sgood1971

Sgood1971 XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I love Hickok45, his seal of approval is a large reason why I bought the XDS. You're right, the man makes some great shots with small pistols.

14. 525xdm9

525xdm9 XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Isn't that the gun the world has asked Glock to build for ten years or more now?

I believe it will do well, and I believe I will buy one when I see it.

15. Nakanokalronin

Nakanokalronin XDTalk 500 Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Sorry for the dupe thread. I found this pic from another site.