N82 Tactical Holsters for XDm's

Discussion in 'Gear Talk' started by falcon5269, Mar 30, 2012.

1. falcon5269

falcon5269 XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just wanted everyone to know that N82 Tactical Holsters just put out their Pro Series Holsters for the XDm line. Ordered my 3rd one today.
    $69.95 3 day delivery. Made in the USA. Out of North Carolina.

Have two already. www.n82tactical.com

2. AlSharp

AlSharp XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just received my first one today.

It is absolutely the most comfortable holster that I have ever had. I've had it on all day, and completely forgot I had it on when I just got home.

Ya gotta try it to believe it. I don't think I will own anything but a N82 from now on.

3. Blak1508

Blak1508 XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How is the professional , what's the main difference they look amazing,have your tried crossbreed , I have a crossbreed on its way and I'm ready to also order one of them, they look soooo comfy

4. Blak1508

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Update... Dude that holster has the style, look and comfort , I am almost positive I'm looking for, I went ahead and ordered on right away! Wow it looks comfy . Now what to do about my cross breed. Lol

5. shatnerglass

shatnerglass XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The 'pro' series has a poly-carbonate shell for a holster body. It looks the pistol in. In all honesty, my Sig 1911 is almost impossible to draw. I sent it back to exchange for a regular model. Being between me and my waist band is plenty of retention.

6. Blak1508

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nice thank you, I ordered the professional, we shall see, how long did it take to get it after you ordered it.

7. Blak1508

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just recieved my holster today. I ordered on Saturday night , it's now Wednesday .. First impressions of the professional are... I like it good quality as well as craftsmanship. I do not like the plastic though, I am afraid it will give holster rub and my gun is new so il, get over that. I find it hard to reholstering the gun at first and holster it. I am sitting down now with it on and it's pretty comfy , it's shows a small amount when I am wearing it standing up but not much. I know there is a break in period for it so I will stick with it and see how it goes. I have a cross breed on the way and I will do a full review when I get that in, side by side.

8. dfettero

dfettero XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have one of the originals for my XDM 9mm 3.8
    It is the most comfortable holster I own, and I have a drawer full.

9. Blak1508

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It very comfy still wearing it and it getting easier to holster and reholster it. I also changed my location to like 4:00 and it made a hell of a difference

10. Munkycrack

Munkycrack XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh yea. The n82 prof is definatly well worth the money. I used it for my glock 36 30sf and 19. All the same holster. Not one bit of sweat got on my gun on even the hottest days and playing catch with the boy. About to order one for my sig p938. Made my friends kahr cw40 vanish and yet still comfortable.

11. DJCantonGA

DJCantonGA XDTalk 2K Member

Ratings:
    +181 / 0
    I have one for my Glock 19/26 & XDs. My favorite iwb. Practice makes for a perfect draw.

12. napp45

napp45 XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I ordered one for my XDS .45 today. I chose it strictly on reviews and comments that I saw from users on this forum. No idea what the lead time is for delivery. I suppose that the Nates might miss a couple of days work due to the ice storm passing through NC.

13. DJCantonGA

Ratings:
    +181 / 0
    You're probably right. My cousin lives in Statesville, NC, and they are expecting a total snowfall of 10-14 inches!

I love my N82 Pro's. You'll hate it the first time you draw though :lol:. Once you get the "twist" mastered I think you will like it. I wear my G19 all day with a tucked polo shirt with no issues & great comfort. I just practice my untuck & draw hundreds of times. Now I can tuck my shirt in with my eyes shut ;)

Keep us posted!

14. napp45

napp45 XDTalk Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Got it yesterday. Your comments about the draw are correct. The twist to draw is definitely not an instinctive movement for me. I walked around the house all afternoon wearing the holster with an empty XDS so that I could practice the draw technique. It is becoming much easier and more natural now that I have started to develop some muscle memory. Practicing the draw is absolutely something the new buyer should do before venturing out into the world with the new holster. Hopefully, by the end of today, it will become a non-issue for me.

I will say that the comfort of the holster is first rate. All my previous IWB holsters have been hard leather; and required a break-in period before becoming comfortable to wear. I didn't find that to be true with the N82 Pro. Once I had the holster strapped into place, it nestled into the 4 o'clock position like an old friend.

Putting the holster on was a new experience for me...not difficult...just different. With my previous leather holsters, I could just loosen my belt and slide the holster and weapon into place without loosening the pants. The suede backing on the N82 doesn't slide very easily. That is a great feature once the holster is in place; but it does require that the pants be unbuttoned when strapping on the holster. This may not be true for everyone; but it was true in my case.

Keep in mind that I have had the holster less than 24 hours. The couple of nits that I picked will become less important with time. I think this holster will soon become my favorite.

15. DJCantonGA

Ratings:
    +181 / 0
    Heck yeah! It does take practice to get the draw mastered, but now it is just second nature to me. When I first got it, my first thought was that it would be bulky & uncomfortable, but that's not the case. I can even carry my G19, shirt tucked, with minimal printing.

I'm glad you like it. I've found that holsters are a very personal thing to most of us. Fortunately, I have avoided the "box of holsters" for the most part :lol: