My search is finaly over.

Discussion in 'XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M)' started by mustang_gtcs, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Dec 23, 2016 #1
    mustang_gtcs

mustang_gtcs XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    I have been shooting pistols now for 23 years. During those 23 years I had been in a never ending search for the perfect pistol for me. My most recent purchase is a Sig Sauer P320rx. I really like the trigger on the P320 and I figured the red dot would add to the accuracy of the gun. What I have discovered about a red dot optic is that it is not a magical device that makes its user a superior shooter. The red dot optic is a device that you have to adjust to and train with to become proficient with it. Of course I had to spend $855 to find this out, ouch.

So while I was at the range today with my Sigs and a few other pistols which includes my XDm 5.25 I had an epiphany, I have owned the perfect pistol for better than five years now. I shot my Sigs then my HK VP9 then my Canik TP9sf that I purchased for shits and giggles just to find out that its an excellent pistol and the best $325 I ever spent on a gun then lastly I broke out the XDm 5.25 in 9mm. Now I shoot all guns well and about the same including the P320rx with the red dot but I excel with the XDm. I can always pick up my XDm and shoot the "X" out of a target then I move on to the numbers in the rings and shoot them out. With the XDm shooting tight groups isn't even a challenge. I regularly send my target out to 25 yards just to see how tight I can keep my groups with the 5.25 and I don't do that with any of my other pistols.

I'm shooting my XDm and I realize that this is the perfect gun I have been looking for and I have owned it for all these years and ask myself is their anything I don't like about this gun? Sights are good and spot on, grip is comfortable, holds 19 rounds of ammo, goes bang every time I pull the trigger, always has, its light weight, finish still as nice as the day I bought it even with thousands of rounds through it, its the most accurate gun for me that I own. Well no their isn't anything I don't like about this gun.

Now I'm puzzled as to why has it taken me so long to realize that the XDm is "my gun" the gun that fits me and my needs the best? Looks like I'm going to be selling a few pistols in the future to thin the herd.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Dec 23, 2016 #2
    JBW

JBW XDTalk 100 Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0
    Congrats!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Dec 23, 2016 #3
    Acheron2010

Acheron2010 XDTalk 2K Member

Ratings:
    +2,031 / 10
    [​IMG] Shhh...the very next epiphany you will have is once you declare the XDM to be "the" pistol, you have no excuse to go out and buy that awesome looking pistol at the next gun show.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dec 23, 2016 #4
    Hollow Point

Hollow Point XDTalk 2K Member

Ratings:
    +4,529 / 22
    @mustang_gtcs keep telling yourself that. As said before, until the next one.

But really, is it the one? If you could only have just one pistol.

5. Dec 23, 2016 #5
    Jimbo1

Jimbo1 XDTalk 2K Member

Ratings:
    +868 / 6
    I really like mine also. Under 3# trigger with a prp and the slide is lightning quick. The only other one I have that I don't have to even think to hit would be my 92c but that slide isn't even close. Just drops in my hand with zero adjustment . Put a heavier guide rod in it and it sets down quicker . Not a lot but I can notice the difference.
    Does a great job running steel and the 19+1 doesn't hurt either . Double tap so fast you think it's an echo .

6. Dec 24, 2016 #6
    mustang_gtcs

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Buying guns is a sickness and I am infected. I'm getting older (49) and I'm loosing the desire to own every new gun that comes out. I have sold off guns before by convincing myself that its a waist having so many and I can only carry one or two at a time, most just sit in the safes. Then I look at all that open space in the safes and I begin to consider what I want to buy to fill in the gaps. I'm at a point in my life I do believe that whatever I sell off I will not replace.

Same here. I have four XDm's, two 5.25 and two 3.8 in 9mm and 45acp all four with a full PRP treatment and triggers right at 3#. When drawing I always get a perfect grip from the holster and the front sight goes right where its supposed to when presented on the target. The PRP UMT trigger is short, smooth, light and no overtravel. Best trigger ever on a striker fired gun. I have shot all of them a lot and never thought of them in the way I did yesterday at the range. I was shooting my 9mm's and shot the XDm last and said to myself "why do I bother with other guns, this one is the gun I shoot the best every range trip and I like everything about it."

7. Dec 24, 2016 #7
    bachman44

bachman44 XDTalk 1K Member

Ratings:
    +616 / 5
    Sound like it's time to sell off and buy high end 1911s. They take up double the room in safes as a normal 1911 lol.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Dec 24, 2016 #8
    ZanderMan

ZanderMan XDTalk 10K Member

Ratings:
    +7,781 / 36
    Sometimes all it takes is some break-in period. I've resisted a PRP for my XD Service because the trigger seems to get better with age. I'm sure it's polishing off with use but it's also me getting more practiced with it. So yeah magic sometimes takes time to happen.

How many rounds do you have through the XDm?

9. Dec 24, 2016 #9
    navy

navy XDTalk Newbie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I understand, My first Springfield, the XDM compact 3.8 40 was a game changer for me. I am now a Springfield fan. If, or when I buy another pistol, it will be a Springfield.

10. Dec 24, 2016 #10
    mustang_gtcs

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    I have been down the 1911 road several times. The last one was a Springfield loaded that I then spent several hundred more on a trigger job, hammer, sights, grip safety and extended beaver tail. This was my fourth 1911 and even with ruffly $1500 invested in it I still did not like it. I find them to be big, heavy and low capacity that kills it for me. I have sold off all my DA/SA guns and they were all high end guns because I got use to the striker fired design and found it to be better for me. I miss some of those guns especially the HK's but it is what it is and I'm happy with staying with all striker fired pistols.