Springfield XD Forum banner

My New Toy, XD 40 Service

4K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  gti_devil 
#1 ·
Hey everyone. Im new to the forum and as well a new owner of a XD 40 Service model. I was a 1911 owner and wanted something a little more modern and different. Heres some pics of my first trip to the range with it. I wanted to ask ya guys sense im new to the XDs if there were any pointers i should know about and wheres some good sites for accessories for them. Im still learning to shoot it over my 1911 and am mainly a rifle guy so also any tips in improving my accuracy would be great as well. Thanks

See less See more
#7 ·
geez, i wish i knew how to get quote in from other threads, but go see the posts on the thread "first time handgun owner needs some opinions....." by 12bravo, posted either yesterday or today. i try to read new posts every day. what a bunch you are hooked up with, my friend.

i have the plain old xd 40 3.8" bbl. i have to agree totally with the posts here so far. you have one of the finest weapons God has allowed on this planet, IMO. yeah, it's made in Croatia, but hey, they put together a nice pistol, and the folks at SA were smart enough to stamp their label on it. i think it's one of the 'safest' (as much as a machine can be) SAO (single action only) guns you will ever find, me thinks. my love for it grows with each passing day, as my love for my children did. i like the two tone. got mine new at Waukesha WI gun show when i was able to get three extra mags and mag holder free, all for 439 plus tax and background check fee. that's why i bought it for, the free offer, but man, i am feeling very fortunate that i was steered toward it.

and with your weapon comes the knowledge and expertise of the xdtalkers. they are literate, with good grammar and spelling as a bonus. i could list a bunch of names, but you will know them as time goes on. congrats, madav8r!

#11 ·
Nice! And Congrats on a fine weapon. If I had to give a bit of advice toward shooting the XD over the 1911....don't jerk the trigger. You'll read several posts with reports of shooting low and left. The XD is very sensitive to this. Especially if you are accustomed to shooting 1911s.

#12 ·
Congrats. My .40 4" service rocks, and is a keeper. :p

#14 ·
Nice! And Congrats on a fine weapon. If I had to give a bit of advice toward shooting the XD over the 1911....don't jerk the trigger. You'll read several posts with reports of shooting low and left. The XD is very sensitive to this. Especially if you are accustomed to shooting 1911s.
cool thanks for the advice. i seem to hit high as well but i think im putting the sights right on the target vs a little below.

#15 ·
cool thanks for the advice. i seem to hit high as well but i think im putting the sights right on the target vs a little below.
No problem. It is very easy to get accustomed to though. It only took me a couple of outings to get it down. It's an easy shooter.

yes it is. I really like the way it looks.
I agree! See attached.

Attachments

#16 ·
<< "...where's some good sites for accessories for them?" >>

Look around some of the topics on this board and you will see several vendors mentioned who have good reputations for service and accessories. Just depends on what you want as to which one is best.

I'm going to warn you of one to steer clear of: XDGuys.com
I didn't do my homework here and made the mistake of ordering some routine items from them. They take the money from your credit card immediately, but your order goes into their "awaiting fullfillment" file and rots there. They also do not respond to e-mail and phone inquiries.
They have a colorful, patriotic themed, professional looking website touting how customer satisfaction come first... it's all BS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.